Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Dev Blog: Lisa's Community Address

Tyncale
I would like to add that I can get behind most of Bludds proposals. However this should be coupled with a complete overhaul of the game and engine. A new game, basically. And off course, by a new and fresh dev-team with a proven record, backed by a Publisher with deep pockets. At least deeper then a few million.

A new game with more Pathfinder IP and less keywords.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Edam
Decius
While activating the accounts wouldn't bring in cash flow, it would remove a liability from the ledger, which shows up in the balance sheet the same as an income.

Just saying…

Yep. Those 1000 or more unactivated DTs are potentially a serious problem if the game becomes successful as presumably they will get sold on the open market by th eowners and bought by new players taking away 6 or 12 months subs that would otherwise provide more cash flow.
vyal
I agree, Tyncale, it would be great to see an engine change/upgrade to something more modern.

I've been told that a translation of the Pathfinder ruleset to an online form is prohibited in the current license, which is really unfortunate, imho. So I guess DDO will have to do for those looking for a reasonable hand-drawn facsimile. smile
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Although…. If they did do a rule-by-rule translation, they could get sued by Hasbro and then the gaming community could rally behind them and give them scandalous amounts of money to fight the evil minions of the out-of-control corporate monster.

Or something….
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Decius
Edam
Decius
While activating the accounts wouldn't bring in cash flow, it would remove a liability from the ledger, which shows up in the balance sheet the same as an income.

Just saying…

Yep. Those 1000 or more unactivated DTs are potentially a serious problem if the game becomes successful as presumably they will get sold on the open market by th eowners and bought by new players taking away 6 or 12 months subs that would otherwise provide more cash flow.
… Cash flow at the moment is adequate, per the most recent information I have. Showing a better profit would make investing more attractive.

And either way, a couple of hundred dollars one way or the other is a rounding error.
Ravenlute
Decius
And either way, a couple of hundred dollars one way or the other is a rounding error.

People keep saying stuff like this and maybe it wouldn't matter so much if it just happened once but when it keeps happening those numbers start to really add up.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Edam
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Although…. If they did do a rule-by-rule translation, they could get sued by Hasbro and then the gaming community could rally behind them and give them scandalous amounts of money to fight the evil minions of the out-of-control corporate monster.

Or something….

Give Hasbro ENOUGH money and they would likely licence it however tabletop rules are totally unsuited to an online MMO and visa versa anyway. Rules for a turn based game where you can agonise for 20 minutes over 6 seconds of action do not suit a live action MMO. NWN worked partly because you could pause the action when things got busy and make choices.

One of the reasons for the big fail that was 4th Ed was the way it looked like many to be an attempt to make mainstream TT D&D more friendly to conversion to an online game. It just made the 4th Ed TT game unplayable for all but a few. You cannot just import turned base rules to a live action game or visa versa.
CptJTKirk
I'll certainly keep subbing until the curtain is officially brought down, and will be keeping my fingers crossed (if only figuratively speaking) for a new backer to appear.
The future's so bright….smile
Tink says Stab
Edam
One of the reasons for the big fail that was 4th Ed was the way it looked like many to be an attempt to make mainstream TT D&D more friendly to conversion to an online game. It just made the 4th Ed TT game unplayable for all but a few. You cannot just import turned base rules to a live action game or visa versa.

4E was the second best selling tabletop RPG during the entirety of its printing run. Combined with the huge amount of income that it drove via Insider, literally the only way that 4E can be seen as a failure is that it didn't compete with the absolute juggernaut that was 3.5E.

4E spun out as, or released by, a third-party system/company would still have been one of the most profitable table top lines of all time.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Decius
4e certainly had powerful marketing. I'm not sure how it did in terms of average sales per book, but it seems like they put out an ungodly number of books per year during the run, and they didn't hire good designers for most of them.

It's one thing when there's an abusive interpretation of the rules if you stretch interpretation. It's another thing when you have to work out a nonabusive interpretation of specific rules.
All that said, there's a huge body of flavor text and item descriptions owned by Paizo, and only the rules are encumbered by the OGL, and only in a specific way. Idea: consumable items that have an attack currently restricted to an implement, that use either the base damage and epow set by the item, or match keywords on the users role feature, whichever is higher? (Staffs) I don't think the concepts involved are encumbered by patent and I'm certain that "staves work according to the higher of the creator or the user's abilities" is a general statement that falls outside the scope of being restricted by the OGL.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post