Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

I'm Still In

Harad Navar
I still believe in this game and will stay til the server dies.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Dreggo
I'm in.
Bringslite
Stay the Course. The very best things to achieve are the very most difficult to navigate.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Huran
WxCougar of KOTC
Huran and I are both in, and solidified our decision to continue a third account as well.

+1
She said it all smile
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Azure_Zero
I'm also staying in.
Zax
I am in. Just signed up a fourth account smile
Edam
Having paid till next year I am still in, though I suppose that does not help the GW funds situation much smile

Actually given the risk things might change drastically (and turn into another boring cookie cutter MMO) if the game is sold off, I am actually MORE inclined to get a second account now just to get some extra playtime in and try some stuff out under the current setup just in case.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Bringslite
Stay the Course. The very best things to achieve are the very most difficult to navigate.

Stay the course means driving off the cliff. This game has proven that on a small budget and with a small staff to begin with, you can not make an MMO that is a game for both PVE and PVP, with an end goal of territorial control and settlement conflict.

Lisa has said that the one compromise she will not make is to tarnish the IP of Pathfinder. The end game goal must change, those that are closest to the IP have shown they have no stomach for it.

In my opinion the game needs to focus more on RP / PVE and have consensual hex and faction based PVP.

Hex Based PVP: Meteor Hexes are Open PVP enabled and the only place that drops Tier 3 materials. Want access to tier 3, than either risk it or pay for it.

Faction Based PVP: Join a faction, that grants benefits, but flags you for PVP against your enemy faction. Want to take a break from it, then turn it off, but it can't be turned on again based on a timer. It can't be turned off again, based on a timer.

Voluntary Flagging: Any time, anywhere and only against others PVP flagged.

No more company / settlement conflict unless they are faction based.

PVE Content:

Change mobs to reflect the factions and add more RP elements to them. Examples: If I want to raise my subterfuge, I should not be killing bandits, I should be killing merchants and guards. If I want to raise military, I should be killing bandits and mercenaries. Etc…

Escalations are faction based as well. We can raise faction standing by completing certain escalations.

Risk vs. Reward:

We will no longer need a Reputation System if the risk of PVP is completely consensual. The risk must come from the loss of gear, as being fully lootable.

These suggestions I believe would have greater appeal, to a larger audience for Pathfinder. Quite honestly, for this game to try to compete with other PVP focused games out there is just not going to work. But, it also does not have to be your typical theme park MMO either.

Let me express another belief, if the PVE crowd wants to have the same access to higher tier resources, without the risk of PVP or the extra cost at the markets, this won't work either. They can not have equal access with less risk and the same cost or less. This I think removes the two ends of the extreme, Hard Core Murderhobo and the Militant Care Bear.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Gross
I will keep subbing Gross until server termination, or years from now when I have tapped out everything.
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
Bringslite
@ Bluddwolf

What I meant by stay the course was for Lisa to power through and "finish" PfO, whatever that means. They have more opportunity than ever (now) to change things up a bit in concept and/or coding priority. Also that I will "Stay the Course" and keep trying to build something like a fun and socially positive community in Ozem's Vigil.

But that (like your comments) has little to do with chiming in about staying subbed here.

Maybe you should take those ideas and start a thread. Not saying they are good or bad IMO, but lets not get this thread sidetracked with stuff.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post