Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

I'm Still In

Decius
Tyncale
Out. If you still believe in PFO and think any new owners will keep the current monetization, you may be soon making the deal of the century since I am selling all my accounts in a bundle, at a firesale price.

A sneak peak, details will follow later:

6 DT accounts with day 1 xp with 12 characters covering all 17 Crafts and refining skills. All professions at level 12/13, with achievements unlocked. One character unused with pristine xp 500k + xp. A Main with a huge amount of achievements.
2 more DT accounts made on a later date with characters with pristine XP.
15 Adventurer Rewards to give out to other people so they can create a brand new Destinies twin account with perks from the Kickstarter and 2 months game time (I sold 10 of these in januari for 100 dollars each in a day).
Small holding and BAsecamp.
A HUGE amount of Resources, refines, finished goods, Bulk Goods (over 10k) Victory markers (88 ), recipes (t1 and t2) spells, Gold, maneuvers and KS rewards.

Reasons: game was becoming less fun with all the kneejerk changes, and with only 3 devs this will not get any better. Secondly, all the stuff that was in the blogs that we dreamed about will never materialize. If PFO gets a new owner, you will get a completely different game with a different monetization so not interested in that either.
I'm truly sad to see anyone go under these circumstances.
Tyncale
I understand, Decius, and though 120 dollars a month for 8 accounts is something I can miss, right now I feel it is throwing money after bad, and I just can not justify that. Thing is, I enjoyed my "Crafting Empire" the most: fiddling with resources, making stuff, getting the achivements for my crafters, working the AH. So keeping just one account is not really an option, for me the game is not fun enough if I just can roam with a combat character.

It's all or nothing, and right now I think this game is going nowhere. I will put a big disclaimer on my firesale, because frankly I feel I am conning you guys by even asking money for these accounts, in the current situation. Game will be dead before the end of the year. Loyalty only goes so far.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Tea
I'm in.

As the gaming industry is huge, there should be money waiting to be invested. It's "just" a matter of finding the funding soon.

The combat system is beautiful and I love the flexibility when building a character to work in PvE and/or PvP.

I think Tyv's thoughts are wise and I agree with all except I think the PvP-combat system actually could stand up to other competitors. In a situation like this, the scope needs to be focused and hard prioritizations made. Who should PFO cater to?

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon

In my opinion the game needs to focus more on RP / PVE and have consensual hex and faction based PVP.

Hex Based PVP: Meteor Hexes are Open PVP enabled and the only place that drops Tier 3 materials. Want access to tier 3, than either risk it or pay for it.

Faction Based PVP: Join a faction, that grants benefits, but flags you for PVP against your enemy faction. Want to take a break from it, then turn it off, but it can't be turned on again based on a timer. It can't be turned off again, based on a timer.

Voluntary Flagging: Any time, anywhere and only against others PVP flagged.

No more company / settlement conflict unless they are faction based.

PVE Content:

Change mobs to reflect the factions and add more RP elements to them. Examples: If I want to raise my subterfuge, I should not be killing bandits, I should be killing merchants and guards. If I want to raise military, I should be killing bandits and mercenaries. Etc…

Escalations are faction based as well. We can raise faction standing by completing certain escalations.

Risk vs. Reward:

We will no longer need a Reputation System if the risk of PVP is completely consensual. The risk must come from the loss of gear, as being fully lootable.

These suggestions I believe would have greater appeal, to a larger audience for Pathfinder. Quite honestly, for this game to try to compete with other PVP focused games out there is just not going to work. But, it also does not have to be your typical theme park MMO either.

Let me express another belief, if the PVE crowd wants to have the same access to higher tier resources, without the risk of PVP or the extra cost at the markets, this won't work either. They can not have equal access with less risk and the same cost or less. This I think removes the two ends of the extreme, Hard Core Murderhobo and the Militant Care Bear.
I'm enjoying the game and the community. Are you? http://www.covenantofthephoenix.com/forums/forum/354-pathfinder-online/
Paddy Fitzpatrick
The warriors of Fianna will be sticking around. We're just getting started and we won't be backing down now. smile

Also, I like a lot of Bludd's thoughts too, though the PvP can still be a bit more open. Certainly worth refining these thoughts in a separate thread.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
PFU Hoffman
I'm in. But then again I'm sure no one is surprised by that.
Pathfinder University - A place for new players in their first 90 days.
Maxen
120% committed!!! (Because I will likely pick up another account) GO TEAM GOBLINWORKS! smile
harneloot
I am still having lots of fun and log in daily to play. There is good vision here, and new investors could mean even better things, not worse. Keep the faith.
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
MidknightDiamond
PFU Hoffman
I'm in. But then again I'm sure no one is surprised by that.

I'm completely shocked and blind-sided by this. I just, I didn't expect it at all. I don't know what to say.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Tyncale
Every time people keep saying that they may even consider buying another account, my price is going up. So I would stop saying that.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Brighthaven Leader
@Tyncale, lets talk.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post