Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

I'm Still In

Nails
I'm in with my 4 accounts, and I am interested in picking up a couple more DT accounts.
Duffy Swiftshadow
@Tyncale

If you are worried about someone else picking up the game and significantly changing the design goals I suggest you poke through the recording from last night and listen to the part where Lisa explains how as a Licensed game she would still retain final say over what goes into the game and how she would not sell it to someone who wanted to do something completely different with it anyways. I would also suggest you wait on doing anything until tomorrow's council meeting as it's possible more information will become available or any questions you may have can be answered by Lisa.
Nihimon
From a post on the Paizo forums:
Nihimon
I very strongly expect I'll still be playing PFO - and only PFO - until they shut down the servers.

I still have that very strong expectation. At any rate, I will continue paying for my 6 accounts, and maintaining Goblinary, until the day I lose all hope that PFO is something more than a typical PvP Sandbox. I pray that day never comes.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Drogon
Nihimon
Nihimon
I very strongly expect I'll still be playing PFO - and only PFO - until they shut down the servers.

I still have that very strong expectation. At any rate, I will continue paying for my 6 accounts, and maintaining Goblinary, until the day I lose all hope that PFO is something more than a typical PvP Sandbox. I pray that day never comes.

smile
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Tyncale
Duffy Swiftshadow
@Tyncale

If you are worried about someone else picking up the game and significantly changing the design goals I suggest you poke through the recording from last night and listen to the part where Lisa explains how as a Licensed game she would still retain final say over what goes into the game and how she would not sell it to someone who wanted to do something completely different with it anyways. I would also suggest you wait on doing anything until tomorrow's council meeting as it's possible more information will become available or any questions you may have can be answered by Lisa.

I will wait a bit, Duffy. I actually think that if the game wants to have any chance of survival, it *needs* to be picked up by a publisher with money who can then bring in their own development team or hire the devs themselves. For a second try, this game should now be developed by an experienced, oiled, development machine with a good producer that knows how to get a game out of the door. Being able to work with the Pathfinder IP surely should be interesting for a few companies with deep pockets? I understand that Lisa will have the last word, pretty much like George Lucas has the last word with the Star Wars IP (or now disney?) and I guess that as long as they keep it true to the IP and not make a murdersim, that should not be a problem?

However, I do not see much good come from slowly expanding the current core-team. If anything, they should be absorbed into an existing team with a proven record, and Raph Koster at the helm. smile So yeah, that's going to need a few millions. As in like a 100. Still possible!

Off course the current game would have to be completely redone. TBH, I can not ever see a new dev-team wanting to burn their hands on "keywords". Oh, and a new engine. Not being facetious here: I honestly think that a total reboot is still possible. But in that case, the monetization, and stuff like DT's will probably be discontinued. Which is why I am trying to recoup a buck or two, I guess.

So in either case, slow demise, or jubilant rebirth through a deep-pocket new publisher that completely overhauls the game, I think anything we have built up now will be gone.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Decius
I may or may not join a new game made by a new company that uses the same name.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Nihimon
Nihimon

I'm in with Nihimon. Ride it til we die.
Gagnrath
They will have to drag me kicking and screaming from this game. However, the day they wipe the server and I loose the characters I have grown very fond of is the day I will finally cease playing.
You are a Troll
Tyncale
You are a Troll
Maybe you could open up a new thread about how much you think the game is going to tank and how much you want to sell your accounts and leave this one to those who want to voice their support and enthusiasm?

In.

Dude, didn't you leave the game yourself like 2 months ago with this tearjerker?

I (we) adapted smile
Midnight
Elsworth Sugarfoot
I'm in with Nihimon.

Asmodeus is starting to feel chilly. smile
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post