Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Kickstarter story rewards

Nightdrifter
So for those that remember the kickstarter there were rewards which allowed you to attach a short story of some form to something in game (brew/location/spell/item). Has there been any word on these? What are people's thoughts on posting what they wrote so they at least see the light of day in some fashion?

I haven't had a chance to play in months so for all I know they could be in game already … but I doubt it.

Anyways, mine was a geography buff (ie. a location) which was in a hex which won't exist until OE. Hard to hold out much hope Traitors' Tombstone will ever be in game. smile
Huran
I know Tevis had an item made that is the T3 maneuver Tevis's Tenacity. It is on the goblinary but I am not sure if it's actually in the game yet.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
In the blog it stated that the Kick Starter "Hellknight's Most Wanted" avatars are done.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Zycor
There won't be any rewards, if the game isn't alive.
Nightdrifter
Zycor
There won't be any rewards, if the game isn't alive.

This is why I'm seeing if there's any interest among the community in posting those stories so that at least someone besides (former?) GW staff gets the chance to read them.

I'd have to go digging through old emails to find what I sent, but mine was a location on the southern end of the lake near Mosswater in a monster hex, ie. on the OE part of the map. The location was supposed to be a simple grave marker called Traitors' Tombstone.
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Will Paizo compensate those KS backers who won;t get their stuff? Like the taverns etc?

I don't expect they will pay back the money, but what about working with folks on other compensation? Maybe including their characters or Tavern in a future Pathfinder product? that would be kind of cool.
Nightdrifter
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Will Paizo compensate those KS backers who won;t get their stuff? Like the taverns etc?

I don't expect they will pay back the money, but what about working with folks on other compensation? Maybe including their characters or Tavern in a future Pathfinder product? that would be kind of cool.

I wouldn't be opposed to my little story being put into a paizo product as a form of compensation, even if it gets shortened.
Edam
I thought the player owned taverns were actually in game already ? Or are the ones out in the wilderness just random GW created ones?
Caldeathe Baequiannia
The Taverns were placed (at least the ones on the EE map), they just never amounted to anything.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Tyncale
It hurts to think about stuff like Inns. Over the years I have made many posts about them, and how they could be made into cool little hubs in the landscape. After EE11 we will not see any features, unless the game picks up immensely. For just the Inns that means no vendors, no limited AH, no "friendly NPC regular" that was promised in the KS, never being a hop-on point for the Ponyrides since these scripted rides will never be implemented, no central meeting point for adventurers.

Inns will never amount to anything because they rely on so many systems that are not in. Same goes for a lot of other stuff. Will we see bonusses for the buildings in our settlements or was that planned for a later date then EE11? Workers for the Holdings, Outposts and buildings, will we ever see that? Caravans? Factions?

Thing is, I feel that all these cool plans will pretty much have been buried now with the departure of Lee, Stephen Tork and others. Even though implementation was slow, I always felt that they had all these plans and a whole framework lying in the backroom, slowly realizing parts of it.

With them gone, I just do not see the original vision ever being implemented. A lot of that stuff was why I backed the game: the one huge world could mean that Inns would actually become something cool. Same for the travel with horses (and Blinds) and merchant caravans and such.

Anyway, poor Inn-owners. I guess everybody knew what they were pledging for, but still.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post