Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

In Praise of PFO

Elsworth Sugarfoot
Time to talk about the best parts of PFO. Besides the Xeilias teamspeak and shoutbox smile

PFO has true RPK. Which is not random player killing, but a combination of RP and PK.

This is the kind of game unicorn that you just can’t find. Even in Golgotha most characters have elaborate backstories. People aren't just logging in and hacking and slashing, they have characters with history and are attached to those characters. I really love the way these two elements relate. When all of Xeilias’ towers got taken, I could write an RP story about these events. I think it gives the roleplay real meat. You can't just go around roleplaying a fearless warrior, or an evil emperor without the in game events to backup your actions. If you want to be the king of a merchant empire, you have to be the Stache. I don’t know of any other games that offer the combination of this kind of experience.
You are a Troll
+1
Memory-High Priest of Desna
It's true, i've never played a game with so many "big" personalities that are attached to real people and their actions in game. even the ones who collected an extreme negative reaction from the public, became a kind of pseudo-celebrity. When/if PFO makes it over the hump, the players who come in on the finished product are going to hear stories of the bad old days, and the gods and monsters that walked the earth before them.
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Drogon
+1
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Zax
+1
Midnight
Memory-High Priest of Desna
It's true, i've never played a game with so many "big" personalities that are attached to real people and their actions in game. even the ones who collected an extreme negative reaction from the public, became a kind of pseudo-celebrity. When/if PFO makes it over the hump, the players who come in on the finished product are going to hear stories of the bad old days, and the gods and monsters that walked the earth before them.

If the game is still around 3 years from now, there will be so many players that most of us won't even be seen as significant, anymore.

I look forward to that near anonymity with the occasional wave at those characters that only a few of us remember as giants back in the day.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Edam
I see PFO as like a well made BBC period drama versus the loud trashy reality TV that seems to be everywhere.

In reality the BBC probably would make more money from downmarket sensationalist trash television but its good they do what they do,

The same with PFO, there are plenty of "shiney graphics level up in 2 weeks look awesome and go on a killing spree every night" games about but this one is different.

Building for quality is always risky, look up IL2 Cliffs of Dover for an example of an amazing game that was beaten in the market place by much inferior competitors. As with trashy TV the way to guarantee money would be to go with big budget shiney graphics and dumbed down play but what would be the point in that. PFO has a chance to be amazing.
Bringslite
This game is the first MMO that has changed the way that I play MMO's. I need other people to help get done what I/we need to get done. Without my brothers and sisters, this game would be worthless. Finally a "guild" (if I may use incorrect terminology) reliant system that ties EVERYTHING into social knots and for a change, I don't feel tied up and encumbered. I feel as happy as a Meerkat.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
PFO was one of the best MMOs in Dev Blog's, I've ever read. It was remarkably fun in late Alpha (I started in alpha 6).
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Gog
Guurzak had sum gud bashin arownd heer.

Also, klimbin up on peepuls hedz.

-actually Guurzak (ignore sig)
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post