Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

In Praise of PFO

Quijenoth Starkiller
Since 1999 I haven't felt so much immersion in an MMO. This game often reminded me of the first time I played Everquest, the game that introduced me to MMO's and affected my life ever since.

THAT to me speaks volumes.
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Gross
Indeed. This is the first rpg MMO in ages to have grabbed me enough to sub (or put money into shop depending on the game) partly as it made me think a lot… I'm usually a strategy gamer these days.
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
Tyncale
Needless to say I had a lot of fun too. It was actually the first MMO since a very long time where I socialized again, talked and grouped with others, and I enjoyed it a lot. I can assure you, that's a big thing for me. smile When I told my pubescent kids I was actually listening in on Teamspeak during grouping and events, their jaw dropped on the floor, and they made a little fun of me. smile

There is currently no MMO on the horizon that really interests me, because of the no-consequence thing(or too little persistance like CF, though I am keeping an eye on that one). I really liked the promise of building for persistance but with potential consequences.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Quijenoth Starkiller
Since 1999 I haven't felt so much immersion in an MMO. This game often reminded me of the first time I played Everquest, the game that introduced me to MMO's and affected my life ever since.

You obviously haven't played enough MMOs, or your definition of immersion is radically different.

Here are a few suggestions for you to try, and all are free to play:

Star Wars Galaxies (MU)
Lord of the Rings Online
Pirates of the Burning Sea
Fallen Earth
Star Trek Online
The Secret World
Star Wars the Old Republic

Every one of these have at least two things in common: You really feel you are in their setting; Substantial RP supports; Strong Group Identity and Activities; Support Solo play, for a different experience.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Tyncale
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Quijenoth Starkiller

You obviously haven't played enough MMOs, or your definition of immersion is radically different.

Star Wars Galaxies (MU)
Lord of the Rings Online
Fallen Earth
Star Trek Online
The Secret World

Every one of these have at least two things in common: You really feel you are in their setting; Substantial RP supports; Strong Group Identity and Activities; Support Solo play, for a different experience.
Hey, no need to discard his first experience! smile I am pretty sure Q. played more then that. Everquest was my first MMO experience too and I still think it's the best PvE experience ever. I was there at the release of all those MMO's you mention and then some (where's Asherons Call, Anarchy Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane etcetera) but Everquest to this day still has some mechanics and features that I have not seen in any other MMO and still miss(Changeable NPC factions, vast Racial NPC landscape that really set regions apart, Vendordiving, real winding dungeons with multiple pathways, zone-sweepers, ultra rare NPC's with cool loot etctera).

Btw, you can still play the MMO's I mention too exept Shadowbane, I believe.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Tyncale
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Quijenoth Starkiller

Star Wars Galaxies (MU)
Lord of the Rings Online
Fallen Earth
Star Trek Online
The Secret World

Hey, no need to discard his first experience! smile I am pretty sure Q. played more then that. Everquest was my first MMO experience too and I still think it's the best PvE experience ever. I was there at the release of all those MMO's you mention and then some (where's Asherons Call, Anarchy Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane etcetera) but Everquest to this day still has some mechanics and features that I have not seen in any other MMO and still miss(Changeable NPC factions, vast Racial NPC landscape that really set regions apart, Vendordiving, real winding dungeons with multiple pathways, zone-sweepers, ultra rare NPC's with cool loot etctera).

Btw, you can still play the MMO's I mention too exept Shadowbane, I believe.

I did not discard his first experience, just pointing out that there are many MMO's out there that have am immersive experience.

I find it hard to find immersion in PFO, I don't get the sense of being in any particular game world and there is too little RP support. GENERIC Fantasy setting, game play, etc…
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post