Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

10.2b Testing

Bob
A new build (EE 10.2b) is up on Zog. If you have a chance to test it, please post any comments here.

Also, a big thanks for all the bug reports provided so far on 10.2 and 10.2a. We weren't able to fix everything in time for these builds, but we were able to sneak a couple more fixes into 10.2b, including fixing some more simple typos and incorrect instructions (the various instructions for bringing up Feats should now all properly say to press F). We really couldn't have gotten this as clean as it is without all your help, and we'll get all the unfinished reports into our bug database to be dealt with in future builds.
MidknightDiamond
Separating the camps is a nice idea and the movement tutorial definitely seems much more cut and clear. The same with the map. However, at the end it says "others need your help, use your map to go find them" (paraphrasing) - so when you open your map there are no more glowing links. I'd suggest having each individual camp glow to indicate that they should visit those camps.

Also, in the default view of the Current Hex map, I can see that each camp has three circles in it, but hovering over each doesn't always tell me what is there - most of the time, unless I really fiddle with it (not something someone in a hurry will do) I get Thornkeep Scout (Crafting Tutorial) on each camp - so someone may think they're all the same and not visit each one regardless of the fact that if you hunt a bit more you can get it to hover over the individually named wizard, fighter, rogue, cleric trainers.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
MidknightDiamond
While doing the fighter tutorial, even though I'm standing right next to Ogden, I'm so close to the hex border that the pointer on the minimap still tells me to continue SWish. Once I fully cross the hex border, it adjusts correctly but I knew to check this because of all the hex border bugs I've run into on live. I'd suggest moving the camp a little further in away from the border so the quest marker adjusts properly.
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

MidknightDiamond
Typo or letter cut off by line break in fighter tutorial. Image linked.

http://i.imgur.com/Xg5qlSN.png

MidknightDiamond
There is a pin for Fighter Training in the center of the hex, that if you run to it, is "near" the movement tutorial camp, but nowhere near the fighter training camp.

I'd run to Thornkeep to train Dragoon instead of Unbreakable when I reached the armor part of the tutorial and this is the pin I got on the way back.

Sure, a new player wouldn't go to TK to do what I did, but if they got off track, side tracked or just took time between tutorial steps, this pin would lead them to nowhere.

Fighter camp is at the green circle in the image.

http://i.imgur.com/7NvjS0K.jpg

MidknightDiamond
ALL ABOUT THE HELP WINDOW

Lots of words in the Help Screen are cut off on the left hand side where you select the topic. Either make the screen as a whole larger so these words are fully visible or make the screen resizable.

http://i.imgur.com/sJjHbqU.png
Also under the Help menu for Actions - it says that Alt. + 7 or 8 will use the consumable slots. Don't 9 and 0 do that as well? I know that's what I have mine mapped to in live. It may be that both work (I've never tried the Alt. versions) but if so, then the single keys should be listed on there as an alternative since single keys are usually easier to work with than Alt + combos. Usually, obviously it varies by user.

The section on hexes should list what their icons are, like Homeland hexes should say something like Homeland: (denoted by a tower symbol on the map), and so forth. There is also an extra space between mountains and swamplands descriptions in the same window and Swamplands is not indented.

Under the Items section, Grey, White, and Green are indented, but the rest of the colors are not - formatting error.

MidknightDiamond
Captain Bara Okiltios for the Escalation Tutorial, has a pin in Thornkeep, but it doesn't glow or appear white. He is glowing, but his pin is not and it should be if you want people who focus on the minimap to know to go there next (after the crafting tutorial) instead of hoping they see him glowing as they run by.

After dying, lost the minimap radial that points towards the direction of the quest objective - had to use the map to find what hex I needed to go to.

Bob
Many thanks for all the good points. I'll add them to the bug database to be reviewed for future builds.

On a separate note, if anyone out there can do (or already has done) some testing on a Mac, it would be great to hear how that version is working out for you.
MidknightDiamond
Most of them are minor thing - nitpicky, but something to be taken note of for when polish can be done. The only one I really think would be the most helpful, as it's one of the more commonly asked questions in game, would be explanations of the map icons in the Hex section of the Help window.

I don't have the xp or company affiliation to be able to test much but I'm working through what I can.

Bob
Your efforts are most appreciated.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post