Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The Final Days of PFO?

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Most of us are feeling a little sad, a little concerned, a little bit of a lot of things, and I don't think it's particularly unexpected to find people reacting badly to negative posts. Hopefully over the next few days things will normalize a bit.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Edam
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Most of us are feeling a little sad, a little concerned, a little bit of a lot of things, and I don't think it's particularly unexpected to find people reacting badly to negative posts. Hopefully over the next few days things will normalize a bit.

I think you should expect a negative reaction to a post that is saying "PFO should have been yet another pretty graphics, superficial, free to login but actually buy stuff at the cash shop to win" game like all the others out there. Most people invested time and subs in this game hoping it would not be like all the other trash on the market.
Decius
The OP makes points that could easily be well-supported, but them spends a lot of words that offer only poor support to their theses.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Edam
I think you should expect a negative reaction to a post that is saying "PFO should have been yet another pretty graphics, superficial, free to login but actually buy stuff at the cash shop to win" game like all the others out there. Most people invested time and subs in this game hoping it would not be like all the other trash on the market.

It would help if you actually read it, or maybe read it a second time, because he said none of those things.

he had one line that was incorrect in my opinion. "Most game players will sacrifice graphics for good game play" that I believe is true. But what he failed to point out was that PFO's game play does not adequately compensate for the graphics. In fact many would argue that the game play is actually worse than the graphics.

The OP's assessment was pretty accurate, and it has been echoed by many people who have played the game. It is wiser to consider what he wrote and think about how Paizo can address some of those issues moving forward.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
tribuzio
Memory-High Priest of Desna
Lol. This guy has exactly two posts.

One (which was his first post ever) was a similar diatribe that basically said one thing: "I'm bitter because I was playing the game for free but now I have to pay a subscription fee. How dare you make me pay to play. Paizo should just quit developing this since you're not going to let me play for free."

And now he's posted this, which is the same message but with an added gloating tone, as if he wa right all along.

Make of it what you will folks, but it looks to me like we got another soapboxer with nothing constructive to add.
Well, it was nice of him to re-sub to post. smile AFAIK you can't post without an active account. smile
Bringslite
All critique is valid for the individual offering it. With enough critique from enough individuals, you can start to see patterns. Almost as valuable as exit interviews.

Graphics: This is a very common piece of the negative feedback. Possibly the most common of the non monetary complaints. I guess that I am just old and out of touch. I just do not see the graphics as terrible. They definitely need work. They definitely are not the same style as many other MMOs. To me, they are sharp where the most work has been done and (of course) not great where it hasn't. When I look at other games: they are colorful and full of eye candy and distractions. They are not sharp. They are more cartoony. They are more "High Fantasy" and PfO (so far) looks more "Low Fantasy". Neither is bad. Neither is better that the other. They are different though. So, I am 49 years old. Many of us that play PfO seem to be older than the average MMO player. Without making this an old vs. young thing, I can't help but wonder if that is why I don't see the graphics as all that bad.

The very bottom line though, is that a massive graphics change is far too extensive an endeavor to even consider at this point. Later? Sure, a good goal.

The UI: The UI is fairly plain. The UI does not have more than the most very basic features. Hindsight is 20/20, but even I (a fan boi), am not impressed with the UI. I am on board for MVP, but the UI frustrates me in multiple ways every time that I play. The really great thing is that this is a very good opportunity to slow down and fix/improve things like the UI.

The rest seems to be a misconception that Paizo made Pathfinder Online when it was Goblinworks that made Pathfinder Online. Not much use commenting there.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Stilachio Thrax
They only thing that really offended me in the OP's post was his assertion that Neverwinter Online is a high-quality game smile
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post