Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Another MMORPG.COM hatchet job

PFOFIREFIGHTER
The trolls over there are gleefully screeching. Worst thing I ever read from a so called gaming site.

Your text to link here...
Tyncale
I have to say, ogres and goblins sure looked good in pfo. Elementals too, btw.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Duffy Swiftshadow
These sort of articles aren't worth getting worked up about, it's easy to dislike something and to nitpick anything to death especially when things look bleak. Not to mention it's easy to get into peppering subjective feelings as facts. Especially in this weird experimental space of crowdfunding.

Sure some stuff could probably have been done differently and perhaps it would have made a difference, but maybe it wouldn't have, hindsight is always 20/20 we'll never know for sure. The important question at this point is if someone can convince the people with money that the core idea is good and that what they do have is worth continuing forward with.

What we have today is not the game we backed yet nor is it a significant change of that design, it's not far enough along to be able to know that either way. Any grandstanding and claims of 'calling it' is just bitter and angry people patting themselves on the back for their masterful insight, when the odds are they themselves have never had to take this sort of creative risk.
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Really Bludd? You go on MMORPG and complain that we fans caused the game to fail? Screw that and you. If griefers like you didn't try and ruin the game both inside and out we would all be better off.
Edam
lol … just rememebr that the stereotype of gamers being unhappy social misfits with no real life and a chip on their shoulder is occasionally actually true and is particularly likely to be true of people haunting places likely MMORPG and leave it at that.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Really Bludd? You go on MMORPG and complain that we fans caused the game to fail? Screw that and you. If griefers like you didn't try and ruin the game both inside and out we would all be better off.

Is that meant to be monolithic? I don't believe all fans are the same. I don't see your positive contribution, here or elsewhere. Dude your account name here is solely for the purpose of trolling. You mad bro!
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
PFOFIREFIGHTER

Is that meant to be monolithic? I don't believe all fans are the same. I don't see your positive contribution, here or elsewhere. Dude your account name here is solely for the purpose of trolling. You mad bro!
And your positive contribution is what? Going on Something Awful to hype that the staff were let go? Going on MMORPG to claim that Ryan ruined the game? Hey, here's a clue: It was HIS game! You didn't like HIS game so you trolled 3rd party forums endlessly bashing him and the game. It's crap like that that turned new folks away. Here's another clue: If the CEO of Goblinworks has to personally call you out about the shit damage you are causing, you have zero standing to come here and complain about anyone.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
How do you know it was me on Something Awful?
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

PFOFIREFIGHTER
Your text to link here...
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Your text to link here…

LOL, you are kind of slow on why I asked you that question….

So here is my post:

"Ryan Dancey and lead programmer Lee Hammock, both gone. Lisa Stevens (Paizo CEO) has taken over Goblin Works, shuts its offices and moved GW staff into Paizo Offices. Looking for Publisher to pick up project. Have next two patches + new content ready to roll out; have enough revenue to keep doors open for a while (if current subs continue)."

So I don't get it…..what is the problem here? I don't see that it is overly negative, simply passing on news.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post