Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Another MMORPG.COM hatchet job

PFOFIREFIGHTER
To the Goons.

Where you have previously posted shit like:
————–
"I have been playing PFO for some time now, and I can tell you, there is much Goonfear in that community.
Yes, the Goon Scare comes every few months. It happens for a number of reasons I believe.

1. The fear of Goons or a similar group is real in the care bear minds. Ryan Dancey cultivated that by talking about how his game would be almost free of random player killing like Hulkageddon through the reputation system causing characters that do that to suck. But, he kept on feeding the TT crowd that he expected groups like Goonswarm to come to his game.

2. Most of the PFO population are Care Bears, with little or no MMO experience. Add to that that they have been fed an anti PvP, anti PK and anti Zerg mentality, and Goons becomes the bogey man.
Some of them welcome Goons or their like, out of bravado. Others dread the day you come. Still, others welcome you for the chaos you would bring.

Ryan Dancey would absolutely hate it, because it would prove him and all of his plans impotent.

The other downfall is that Ryan Dancey seems to be under the delusion that PFO is trying to do something that is do unique,, that it has no real competition.

I've pretty much given up on this game being something I'll play once my pre paid time is up. I'm looking more to Albion and later Crowfall to spend most of my gaming time in.

MMORPG rated this game a 4.5

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...load/395/page/1
It had a chance, but the early decisions made set this PATH FINDER on the path of finding failure. Ryan Dancey virtually dared MMORPG to review it. They gave him every opportunity to back away from his stance that it was not in an alpha or even beta stage. He is even adamant against the idea that the test server should be used to TEST patches fully, before they are released to the live server. He claimed that it was feature complete for its basic systems, but none of them work really well.

Hopefully other developers have taken note on playing word games, trying to pull the wool over the gaming community's eyes, and charging a full subscription price for an alpha, can only lead to failure. With both Albion Online and Crowfall on the near horizon, PFO is doomed unless it goes F2P. Goblin Works better start churning out ideas for Micro Transaction items (that are cheap, non durable, and not game changers)."
—————-

Yeah. You mesh well with them.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Going on MMORPG to claim that Ryan ruined the game? Hey, here's a clue: It was HIS game! You didn't like HIS game so you trolled 3rd party forums endlessly bashing him.

River Kingdom Anthem...
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Edam
The simple fact is that the game could never suceed as a clone of all the other sandbox killfests out there.

The MMORPG criticisms are that it was not another cookie cutter clone of all the other pretty graphics kill fest games (with minor variations) that the masses churn through.

PFO was never going to compete in that market.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
PFOFIREFIGHTER
To the Goons.

Where you have previously posted shit like:
————–
"I have been playing PFO for some time now, and I can tell you, there is much Goonfear in that community.
Yes, the Goon Scare comes every few months. It happens for a number of reasons I believe.

1. The fear of Goons or a similar group is real in the care bear minds. Ryan Dancey cultivated that by talking about how his game would be almost free of random player killing like Hulkageddon through the reputation system causing characters that do that to suck. But, he kept on feeding the TT crowd that he expected groups like Goonswarm to come to his game.

2. Most of the PFO population are Care Bears, with little or no MMO experience. Add to that that they have been fed an anti PvP, anti PK and anti Zerg mentality, and Goons becomes the bogey man.
Some of them welcome Goons or their like, out of bravado. Others dread the day you come. Still, others welcome you for the chaos you would bring.

Ryan Dancey would absolutely hate it, because it would prove him and all of his plans impotent.

The other downfall is that Ryan Dancey seems to be under the delusion that PFO is trying to do something that is do unique,, that it has no real competition.

I've pretty much given up on this game being something I'll play once my pre paid time is up. I'm looking more to Albion and later Crowfall to spend most of my gaming time in.

MMORPG rated this game a 4.5

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...load/395/page/1
It had a chance, but the early decisions made set this PATH FINDER on the path of finding failure. Ryan Dancey virtually dared MMORPG to review it. They gave him every opportunity to back away from his stance that it was not in an alpha or even beta stage. He is even adamant against the idea that the test server should be used to TEST patches fully, before they are released to the live server. He claimed that it was feature complete for its basic systems, but none of them work really well.

Hopefully other developers have taken note on playing word games, trying to pull the wool over the gaming community's eyes, and charging a full subscription price for an alpha, can only lead to failure. With both Albion Online and Crowfall on the near horizon, PFO is doomed unless it goes F2P. Goblin Works better start churning out ideas for Micro Transaction items (that are cheap, non durable, and not game changers)."
—————-

Yeah. You mesh well with them.

And now under Lisa's leadership I'm hopeful and committed to do whatever I can to support her in moving this game forward. I've made no bones about it, I have always believed the game would be in a better place without Ryan Dancey at the helm. I've been saying that for over two years. I predicted he would never last until OE.

I stand by my words, and put my known game name to them, on whatever gaming forum I go. Bluddwolf, Bluddworth or Blodvaerd are the three names I'm known on forums and in games by (main characters).

Keep on hiding, it is a good look for you.. smile
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

PFOFIREFIGHTER
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
And now under Lisa's leadership I'm hopeful and committed to do whatever I can to support her in moving this game forward. I've made no bones about it, I have always believed the game would be in a better place without Ryan Dancey at the helm. I've been saying that for over two years. I predicted he would never last until OE.
Yeah and you had to badmouth the game over, and over again. On any site you could find. Including the Goons. That's why nobody ever stuck with your stupid settlement. Who would want to play with a psycho that recruits you into a game and then spends all his time bad mouthing it. Then blame the game when they leave.

You're like the guy who pays to see a movie. Doesn't like it. And somehow feels entitled to stand outside the movie theater yelling how bad it is, while sneaking in every few days to watch it again. Then stepping it up by recruiting people to watch it with you, spending an hour telling them how bad the movie they are watching is, and then blaming the movie when they stand up and leave.

You and your fellow Goons are like a cancer on whatever you touch.
Edam
What is really going on is similar to the modern movie industry.

Small independent movie producers do not even try to compete with big budget stuff like the Marvel franchise, Avatar and the like. The movie industry produces very little these days compared to 10 years ago in terms of number of movies made, a handful massive budget popular "blockbuster" films and a handful of funky art house films that win awards but never get into the theatres.

If anything the really intersting stuff is being done by companies liek HBO and netflix these days not Hollywood.

The gaming industry is going the same way.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
@PROFIREFIGHER

smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile That is the 12 stages of… Bwaaahaaahaaaa! You should stop trolling me, I'm having too much fun and I want to put some time in on the test server. I found a few bugs today, what have you done to contribute to the game?

Dazyk of Phaeros
I really don't get how mmorpg.com even retains its readers… I noticed at least a dozen grammar and spelling mistakes in that article… Doesn't get much more unprofessional than that. 'Their' and 'there' mistakes? Really. Wow. Not sure how they can call themselves writers.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Dazyk of Phaeros
I really don't get how mmorpg.com even retains its readers… I noticed at least a dozen grammar and spelling mistakes in that article… Doesn't get much more unprofessional than that. 'Their' and 'there' mistakes? Really. Wow. Not sure how they can call themselves writers.

And for the record this is what I posted at MMORPG: My response to the Reviewer's Negative Comments

I reiterate once again, my outlook on the game's progress moving forward is higher than it was, now that Lisa is at the helm. I have said this everywhere and at every opportunity where it was appropriate.

BTW: I go by the name "Bluddwolf" on the MMORPG.com Forums

PFOFIREFIGHTER
Bludd: I went to the Goons and MMORPG again to post how great Lisa was to try and save face

PFO Community: You're still a schitzo POS who spent the last 10 months bad mouthing the game at every opportunity.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post