Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Another MMORPG.COM hatchet job

Decius
Bob
Please remember to watch your language and avoid overly personal attacks on the forums and in chat. We love the passion and enthusiasm, but let's keep the conversation civil.
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Decius
Bob
Please remember to watch your language and avoid overly personal attacks on the forums and in chat. We love the passion and enthusiasm, but let's keep the conversation civil.
Good point.

Let's get back to the MMORPG.COM hatchet job.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Bludd: I went to the Goons and MMORPG again to post how great Lisa was to try and save face

PFO Community: You're still a schitzo POS who spent the last 10 months bad mouthing the game at every opportunity.

No, they actually coincided with her taking over as CEO of Goblin Works.

Why don't you defend your views over at Something Awful or MMORPG? SA is having a field day with you, but you would have to spend a second $10.00 to create an ALT to defend yourself. Even on MMORPG, you would have to create and ALT.

How many Alts does it take to peel, to get to courage? smile
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Sorry I tried to let it go but Mr. Grief just had to pull me back in.
Hey Bludd, I'm glad you are proud of being a Goon. I would rather smash my PC with a hammer than pay the Goons $10 to post on their forum. At least it's nice and open that you are in fact a Goon, paid money to join them, and are proud of being part of the most toxic community in gaming. It fits you well.

Now I suggest you crawl back to them, link this post and continue having your Goon chuckles, but get out of THIS thread so we can talk about the OP.

Thanks.
Dreaden
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Sorry I tried to let it go but Mr. Grief just had to pull me back in.
Hey Bludd, I'm glad you are proud of being a Goon. I would rather smash my PC with a hammer than pay the Goons $10 to post on their forum. At least it's nice and open that you are in fact a Goon, paid money to join them, and are proud of being part of the most toxic community in gaming. It fits you well.

Now I suggest you crawl back to them, link this post and continue having your Goon chuckles, but get out of THIS thread so we can talk about the OP.

Thanks.
butt mad nerd rage at it's finest
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
I'll gladly talk about this article. My first response to the author was directly related to his negativity:

Bluddwolf
I have two points to address here: First. although I don't disagree with a lot of the assessment of the game Robert Lashley wrote, I don't agree that it is his place to say whether of not the game should keep its doors open or not. Many games, need I remind him, get a second chance when they cut loose their Lead Designers, Project Managers or even CEOs of companies. Lisa Stevens has stepped in and said that she is open to discussion on next steps to take. Whether that works or not remains to be seen, but what she does not deserve is for her opportunity to be sh_t on before she even has a chance. Is it MMORPG's goal to ensure that some other investor reads your article and says "No, I won't give it a shot?" Despite some of your articles accurate points, the over all tone of it comes off as a sh_t post

I was the first poster to defend the game moving forward, and to attack an MMORPG Staff Writer (risking deletion or even a ban) doing so.

The only other person that came to the game's defense, although a very tough format to read the post (sorry), was Bringslite.

The most important point he made was this
If anyone can pull this off, it is the remaining team directed by Lisa Stevens

Grukulen, the Staff Writer responded to my post with this:

If you are a reader of MMORPG, whether you are an investor or the enthusiast, I feel it's my duty to tell you what I perceive as the truth aka my opinion. If my opinion is a game should be shut down then yes I'm going to tell all of you. I'm more concerned that one of our readers doesn't make a bad investment more than I'm concerned that Goblinworks get a chance to finish this game. Which in all probability they won't. TL;DR My concern lies with the readers more than it lies with the industry insiders. I have YOUR best interest at heart. Keep in mind that Lisa is also the CEO of Paizo Publishing. She has a duty to keep the Pathfinder IP strong and not let it be tarnished by runaway projects with the Pathfinder name. She has more at stake than this one game.

Well it should be obvious, I did not buy into his "White Knight" argument, and I responded to both another poster and him again:

Slapshot1188
Wow. This could be the best article I have ever seen on this site. No pulling punches. No careful wording. No attempting to avoid offending fans. Well done!

Bluddwolf
I'm not so much offended as a "fan", you know full well, I was no fan of Ryan or his vision for the game or his characterization that the game would revolutionize the genre.

I object, perhaps out of chivalry, to kicking Lisa Stevens in the teeth not 48 hours after she made the announcement. Maybe it is just a matter of "too soon".

As for Grakulen being the champion of the reader's wallet, LOL…. you are the moral and ethical Mt. Everest of the gaming community and internet.

@ PROFIREFIGHTER

So, you brought our attention to this article over to this forum. You clearly disagree with it. But, you don't in any way challenge it at its source. You lay nothing of yourself to the cause, risk nothing in speaking out.

You have a lot of fire in your belly to call me out, because I can do nothing to you, but you have no conviction to speak up for what you supposedly believe, against people that have power.

Don't sit here crying about the article, go over there and post your disagreement with it.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

PFOFIREFIGHTER
ROFL trolled by his own crew:

Bluddwolf posted:
Oh he must be a registered viewer because he reposted my posts from this thread onto the Goblin Works forums.

You are a cancer he gladly paid $10.00 to continue to infect the gaming world.

30.5 Days posted:
Congratulations, you are now the second dumbest person in this thread.
Decius
If you "risk a ban" for disagreeing with the author, what makes you think that any discussion can happen?
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
PFOFIREFIGHTER
ROFL trolled by his own crew:

Bluddwolf posted:
Oh he must be a registered viewer because he reposted my posts from this thread onto the Goblin Works forums.

You are a cancer he gladly paid $10.00 to continue to infect the gaming world.

30.5 Days posted:
Congratulations, you are now the second dumbest person in this thread.

No, he is just unaware of the probable fact that you used a search function, which only comes after registering. But, the SA forums are not for the feint of heart and getting trolled is quite common and especially towards non Goon members (which I am not).

PS: I was told how you used the ? feature, which I was unaware of. You are clearly more familiar with the SA forums than I am, perhaps you are a Goon?
But I thought you wanted to talk about the article, have you responded to it?

Tink says Stab
He is. Good chance that PFOFIREFIGHTER is owned by Calidor. Also a good chance that THEPROPHET was as well.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post