Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Another MMORPG.COM hatchet job

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Decius
If you "risk a ban" for disagreeing with the author, what makes you think that any discussion can happen?

No discussion can happen by you being silent, can it?
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Tink says Stab
He is. Good chance that PFOFIREFIGHTER is owned by Calidor. Also a good chance that THEPROPHET was as well.

I thought about this possibility, and several days ago I removed Calidor{COV) from our members list at our website (mostly due to inactivity, but this question as well).

I just don't see why a Goon would defend Ryan Dancey?? Or PFO in general, they pretty much have expected this game to fail from the very beginning of EE (January 27, 2015) being their first post about it.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Tink says Stab
Trolls being trolls.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Tink says Stab
Trolls being trolls.

He is far more negative about the game than I am or ever was. Not really an effective troll if I've been having fun with it.

Tink says Stab
I mean, he is a not-EvE-Goon, you can't really expect brilliance from them.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Tink says Stab
I mean, he is a not-EvE-Goon, you can't really expect brilliance from them.

Yes I do realize there are EvE Goons and then there are the Goons in the other games, sometimes with some cross over. Some of the Goons in Albion Online are the same you will see in Crowfall.

Decius
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Decius
If you "risk a ban" for disagreeing with the author, what makes you think that any discussion can happen?

No discussion can happen by you being silent, can it?
Which is why I don't attempt to discuss in areas where certain positions are banned.
Bringslite
"The only other person that came to the game's defense, although a very tough format to read the post (sorry), was Bringslite."
[

Yeah, well I haven't ever had even the basic functions of being able to respond to PMs over there since I started, let alone any common post editing features, except basic EDIT. Results: In the comment section my posts look like nightmare blocks of text. That is why I had a double post and tried (in the end) just to number my paragraphs.

It can't hurt to go there and speak up. Just try and be nice. I have flown off the handle too many times through frustration over there.

Remember: It's the internet. You get everything that you should expect when anyone can post and no one really cares much about facts and neat stuff.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Gloreindl
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Tink says Stab
He is. Good chance that PFOFIREFIGHTER is owned by Calidor. Also a good chance that THEPROPHET was as well.

I thought about this possibility, and several days ago I removed Calidor{COV) from our members list at our website (mostly due to inactivity, but this question as well).

I just don't see why a Goon would defend Ryan Dancey?? Or PFO in general, they pretty much have expected this game to fail from the very beginning of EE (January 27, 2015) being their first post about it.

The question actually is why wouldn't a Goon defend Ryan? After all, Ryan is the one who decided PvP aspects were more important than most of us in the community. See my post (while it lasts) on MMORPG for further reasoning. PvP should never have been the focus of the game this early - getting out stable updates with goals for the players to want to achieve should have been. Ryan, either in a panicked state at loss of subscriptions, or just poor planning decided to give hard-core PvPers, including random PKers and griefers who camp husks, and with friends, the shrine(s). I am not talking about players such as those that belong to Golgotha, but rather the ones they tossed out. PfO is just now, IMHO, at a stage of Alpha release, and giving in to the demands of Goons, or playing into their hands, was bad for all. It took valuable time away from more meaningful systems and gameplay fixes, tweaks and upgrades. Now that they are in-game, I am glad to see this latest patch and the next (huge one or so I hear) will have better game-play experiences for all. Friends list, better AH tools, more stabilization; the things 99% of the community have been asking for, but unable to get while Mr. Dancy was involved.

I listened to Lisa's impassioned, often raw emotional, chat as it happened, and I would have to lack a heart if it had somehow NOT moved me. I will support Lisa until such time as she tells us there is nothing more that can be done. I have MORE hope now than I did before her chat, and for that, I thank you Lisa.
Wizard/Cleric; Chosen of Nethys and Yuelral. Magic is Life.
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Tink says Stab
I can promise you one thing. I would never stoop to associate myself with the Goons. The thought that someone like Bludd would join them and give them real money for the privilege is laughable.

They are a cancer on everything they touch.

For a clue, think about this post and who would have had access to the info well before the announcement:

https://goblinworks.com/forum/post/44419/

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post