Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Thoughts on event?

ZomoZ
Curious what people think of the ogre event

Mine was… not ideal
Edam
Have not been in game this week. Saving XP to rebuild my characters after the last balancing round smile
Elmin Sterro
I'm still looking for an infected hex. smile
MidknightDiamond
The hex north of the University has the new ogres in it for anyone wanting to take a spin. Most are just normal but the ones I found with the crystal clubs are annoying (at least to try and solo) - hit as hard as ogres with the evilness of those green crystals attached. Not nice!
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Thorgrim Foegrinder
Istaurem, Beltrane and I took a hex down a few percent in about 45 minutes. It feels a lot like when we were tier 1 fighting ogres - these ogres are tougher, but so are we. To be honest, none of them give me much trouble except if there are like 3+ shamans in a group. The ascendants are fun because it's such a huge group that surrounds them, and a lot of them are ranged, so even kiting is interesting. The first group we came across I charged in to see if that's a viable strategy, and I lasted about 12-13 seconds - enough to barely get off a second Channel Smite on the boss before I died.

The text for the ascendants quest seems to imply that they transform into something more powerful. I'm hoping that refers to different phases, similar to Nhur Athemon, and that the escalation becomes more interesting at a certain point. We left the hex at around 65%, so if there is a phase change it's probably below that (though it's possible we were already in phase 2, I guess).
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Lisa Stevens
I think there is actually five phases for this event. It is meant to last a bit longer than your average escalation. Bob was shooting for 10 to 12 hours if you have a group of 6 and are properly geared up. The community has always creamed our expectations though, so I am guessing it could be done quicker.

Btw, there is a pretty good chance for settlement building recipe drops as you get into the later stages of the event. When I did my test, I came up with three building recipes.
Edam
Thorgrim Foegrinder
The text for the ascendants quest seems to imply that they transform into something more powerful. I'm hoping that refers to different phases, similar to Nhur Athemon, and that the escalation becomes more interesting at a certain point. We left the hex at around 65%, so if there is a phase change it's probably below that (though it's possible we were already in phase 2, I guess).

At 50% we saw a diferent quest start to appear but if anything it seemd easier not harder.

Ours may have been bugged as single Shamans seemed relatively tame even in heavy armor. Some curious immunities though.
Drogon
4 phases + boss

Phase 1 and 3 give major drops to strength on completion….phase 2 and 4 are total grinders….several hours each…loot is not so good but at least better than OGG…..
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
ZomoZ
Nur Aethemon = 1 hour start to finish with op drops, so people would stick around to do it

Ogres = 10-12 hours with crappy drops, so people magically dissapear after 30 min or so and they realize that its a terrible event, so then you have 3 or 4 people max and it takes 24 hours to grind

I understand wanting new content to last

But I think you may have gone WAY to the wrong side of grind, while population and moral is at an all time low due to recient announcements

I for one was really looking forward to playing over the long weekend

I logged in did it for an hour and have been playing other games because it is just not worth it
Nur Aethemon logged in over the weekend? Easily 35+ hours from friday night to sunday (monday morning actually lol)
ogres =30 min then log out not worth it
Tyncale
Yes, balancing effort vs reward was never one of GW's strong points. Typical example: playercamps.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post