Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Thoughts on event?

Bringslite
Lisa Stevens
I think there is actually five phases for this event. It is meant to last a bit longer than your average escalation. Bob was shooting for 10 to 12 hours if you have a group of 6 and are properly geared up. The community has always creamed our expectations though, so I am guessing it could be done quicker.

Btw, there is a pretty good chance for settlement building recipe drops as you get into the later stages of the event. When I did my test, I came up with three building recipes.

Great news and good incentives. We are enjoying the escalation just fine, btw. Not a completely new thing, but still fun enough. The work required is more, but the coin and drops make you want it to last anyway. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Yrme
I liked the escalation; have worked on two now for a few hours each.

I especially like that the AI seems to be evolving; now when a ogre is kited too far from his start position, instead of always rebounding to home, sometimes he chooses a new target and engages on his way back. Surprise! A lot of fun figuring these guys out.

It's not huge loot in a very short amount of time, but I thought the crystal quests were out of balance that way. This is a longer escalation, but still goes faster than the first T2 escalations we saw.
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.
Edam
Yrme
I especially like that the AI seems to be evolving; now when a ogre is kited too far from his start position, instead of always rebounding to home, sometimes he chooses a new target and engages on his way back. Surprise! A lot of fun figuring these guys out.

Have not seen that yet.

Do they aggro out of party people? If so that is going to seriously nobble the "one guy leave party and draw aggro and then run away while the rest of the players all target a single mob" technique commonly used for taking down large groups safely with a smallish party smile
Yrme
They don't seem to agro out-of-party, but with the beam weapons, it can be suicide for the one guy to leave party to pull. I think using full parties spread the risk out to managable levels. Still, the RNG can get you; we had a guy in party get 4 beams on him by chance and he went down before any healing was possible; some of the beams can root you, for example. When someone drops, his attackers are free to go after new targets, and those might be out of the original party.
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.
tribuzio
Edam
Yrme

Have not seen that yet.

Do they aggro out of party people? If so that is going to seriously nobble the "one guy leave party and draw aggro and then run away while the rest of the players all target a single mob" technique commonly used for taking down large groups safely with a smallish party smile
I have seen that even before this patch, it is in the release notes of one of the previous patches, if the NPC are unable to damage an enemy for a few rounds they switch target.

Speaking of release notes, we will ever seen them for 10.2? I have noticed a big drop in my self healing abilities without any change in my equipment and skills. The hp cured by Positive channel have been halved and that wasn't a nice surprise in the middle of a fight. augment too seem to have lost some efficacy. As I play solo a lot, losing self healing abilities isn't nice.
Whirlwind, used by other characters, seem faster.
Any other change that you have note?
Bob
Here are the 10.2 Release Notes: https://www.goblinworks.com/forum/post/45729/
Edam
tribuzio
Speaking of release notes, we will ever seen them for 10.2? I have noticed a big drop in my self healing abilities without any change in my equipment and skills. The hp cured by Positive channel have been halved and that wasn't a nice surprise in the middle of a fight. augment too seem to have lost some efficacy. As I play solo a lot, losing self healing abilities isn't nice.

It is down by 70% from a a 28% heal to a 9% heal. It does give some regen which in parties makes it an OK pre-fight buff but its really not all that wonderful.
tribuzio
Bob
Here are the 10.2 Release Notes: https://www.goblinworks.com/forum/post/45729/

Thanks, I was away for 2 day and missed them.
tribuzio
Edam
tribuzio

It is down by 70% from a a 28% heal to a 9% heal. It does give some regen which in parties makes it an OK pre-fight buff but its really not all that wonderful.

Today I have played together with a new player, doing the new goblin escalation. It is not bad when you use it to buff a character with few hit points, if you use it as soon as his hit point begin to drop, but it has little use for characters with lots of hit points or against monster that do a lot of damage.
Edam
tribuzio
Today I have played together with a new player, doing the new goblin escalation. It is not bad when you use it to buff a character with few hit points, if you use it as soon as his hit point begin to drop, but it has little use for characters with lots of hit points or against monster that do a lot of damage.

Well its a percentage so you would expect a high hitpoint char to benefit more not less.

I do agree in escalations the heal is often less than a single hit from a purple which kinda renders them useless for any sort of in combat healing and makes them more of a buff then a heal.

It is a little unfortunate that we suffered a series of major nerfs to ranged combat healing and other things just at a point where the number of devs has been cut back drastically and the chances of them being reversed is now nil.

Consumables still work BUT the general attitude to consumables in most games is you reserve them for PvP and emergencies and do not use them on a regualr basis in ongoing PvE.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post