Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Thoughts on event?

tribuzio
Edam
Well its a percentage so you would expect a high hitpoint char to benefit more not less.

It is the effect vs resistance reduction and the kind of adversaries we usually fight.

My character, with channeling 2 and 1 keyword was haling 72 hp on the new player, 60 on herself. While fighting goblins that is a decent number, but my heavy armor character was taking little damage from most of them (obviously the energy using guys were the exception). If you are fighting ogres it i not enough to recover even a single hit and the fast healing don't seem to do anything noticeable.
Using it require a change in paradigm.
Edam
tribuzio
It is the effect vs resistance reduction and the kind of adversaries we usually fight.

My character, with channeling 2 and 1 keyword was haling 72 hp on the new player, 60 on herself. While fighting goblins that is a decent number, but my heavy armor character was taking little damage from most of them (obviously the energy using guys were the exception). If you are fighting ogres it i not enough to recover even a single hit and the fast healing don't seem to do anything noticeable.
Using it require a change in paradigm.

o agreed.

Clerics have become self healing Paladin battle characters to some extent though presumably you can still make them workable with the right theory crafting gymnastics.

A better solution ot the multiple clerics spamming cheap heals in PvP would have been some mechanic giving diminishing returns on subsequent heals within the cooldown of the first one. Something like 100% effective for first heal, 87% for second heal 50% for third heal and so on.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Lisa Stevens
I think there is actually five phases for this event. It is meant to last a bit longer than your average escalation. Bob was shooting for 10 to 12 hours if you have a group of 6 and are properly geared up. The community has always creamed our expectations though, so I am guessing it could be done quicker.

Btw, there is a pretty good chance for settlement building recipe drops as you get into the later stages of the event. When I did my test, I came up with three building recipes.
We completed one last night, and as far as I can discern picked up no settlement recipes through the entire escalation. Considering most of us took 4-8 durability hits (and this is teams that only-infrequently fall to the Ustilavs) I'd have liked to see more results. I consider it to have been too much work for not enough reward. Most parts of it were grindy-feeling. I won't bother participating in any more, as it stands.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Nihimon
Caldeathe Baequiannia
… picked up no settlement recipes through the entire escalation…. most of us took 4-8 durability hits…

I expect y'all were actively looking for new Recipes after each combat, but this does highlight the importance of some chat notification when looting. It may well be that some Settlement Recipes dropped, but were lost due to death. Seeing a purple Recipe show up in the chat log would probably have made a difference.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Nihimon
Caldeathe Baequiannia
… picked up no settlement recipes through the entire escalation…. most of us took 4-8 durability hits…

I expect y'all were actively looking for new Recipes after each combat, but this does highlight the importance of some chat notification when looting. It may well be that some Settlement Recipes dropped, but were lost due to death. Seeing a purple Recipe show up in the chat log would probably have made a difference.
It's certainly possible that some were missed. I was, though, speaking in general. I encountered exactly two T2 recipes in about 3.5 hours of play. A charge gem, and a Fine Thread +2. Those added to about 8 silver and a varitey of random salvage were not close to providing an acceptable roi for 3 hits on T2 gear.
Nihimon
Especially for the higher Tier Recipes, we found that Knowledge Skills made a significant difference.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I am comparing it to previous experience, not addressing it in a vacuum. Spread across three days and my two active PvE characters, the risk/reward ratio was not engaging as compared to other escalations.
Huran
I agree on the risk vs reward thoughts. Our group got bored after a couple hours and everyone got their special stones then we moved on to Duegar which had slightly more risk but a much better reward.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Mistwalker
I have two issues about the event:

1) I would have preferred that the end boss not be a general (we have so many bosses called general). I would have loved to see the boss called "Ascended", as one of the escalation events was about stopping an ogre behemoth from ascending. I would also have liked for him to be a different color than all of the behemoths around him/her (a darker green probably) and possibly making it more dangerous than a green light behemoth (perhaps being able to do both a green ray attack and a hammer attack - but only on different targets) - I was hoping that the boss would be memorable.

2) There are 4 stages to this escalation, the 1st and 3rd are very fast, do one event and it drops 25%. The 2nd and 4th seemed to take a looonnnnnggggg time, with event often only dropping the strength score by a few hundred. I would have preferred that the strength reduction be more consistent and even (taking out 40 loners - the first green light guys - drops the score by 25%, but taking out the purified groups (5 or 10 green light ogres) totalling 30 of them, only dropped the score by about 300) - I don't have an objection to some events dropping the strength more than others, but this one felt off.

Even with those issues, the event was fun and challenging - several settlement mates died because they got too close to a group and aggroed it, dying almost instantly when multiple green rays hit them (or cause others to die too, as new targets start shooting at them).
Bringslite
Our group, last night, took a few knocks ourselves.
1) Many of the casualty results stemmed from accidental agro in a VERY difficult to navigate hex.
2) A good number were the results of overconfidence.
3) A good number were the results of the lower level healing nerfs - meaning playing in a way that previously was routine and not being used to such reduced healing at almost everyone's self control (or… overconfidence again).

What ended up helping a bit:
*Buff spells like endure elements and pre cast regenerating effects.
*Greater Tokens of Healing, fast healing, resistance, etc…
*Potions and alchemics.
*Getting the hell out BEFORE IT WAS TOO LATE (or, dare I say… knowing your limits in any given fight)

Risk vs. Reward: Three nights or maybe four? Multiple hours invested each night. Now last phase (before the Boss) being worked on. The drops are not, so far, worth the effort or the cost. RNG funky? I don't know. Building recipes? Just one so far. Before this esc, when running some new players through Ghoul Goblins, we got a structure recipe. I have found at least one on a red? random mob while passing through a non escalation hex.

However, it is fun to be challenged to think and do better. That is worth lots of gear in my book.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post