Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Thoughts on event?

Caldeathe Baequiannia
I'll clarify that I agree with Bringslite that there was nothing wrong with the challenge level. At issue was how much it took to make progress, and the drops, which combined to a low reward for facing that challenge.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Yrme
Bringslite
The drops are not, so far, worth the effort or the cost.

I wonder if it's just the drop tables are similar to ogre drop tables - which are bleh.

Some of my compatriots believe that, for raw coin and resource gain, blowing through minis and T1 escalations is more productive than having to slowly work through most T2 escalations.
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.
tribuzio
Yrme
Bringslite
The drops are not, so far, worth the effort or the cost.

I wonder if it's just the drop tables are similar to ogre drop tables - which are bleh.

Some of my compatriots believe that, for raw coin and resource gain, blowing through minis and T1 escalations is more productive than having to slowly work through most T2 escalations.
It is a problem of RNG, drop tables e higher value items.
In the last days I did the new goblin escalation and the alst part of a Ustalavian escalation.

The goblins in little more than a hour, helping a new players (that slowed me down) gave more than 500 c, some T2 salvage and a decent T1 rogue maneuver, in about an hour the Ustlavians gave 2 s. and about 100 c, a level 6 fighter maneuver, T1 salvage and 3 victory markers.

Now let's look the number of what we killed: for the goblins more than 200 of them. The average was a bit more than 2 c/goblin.

For the Ustalavians we killed a few teens of them, in particular we killed 3 generals that gave nothing (no silver coins, no maneuvers nor T2 salvage). On the other hand a guys was saying he had got 7 s from a single general in a earlier fight. So,if we average my 3 generals, and the one he other guy got we get a bit less than 2 s/general.

What is the problem? With the goblin we kill a large number of them and we get close to the average. With the Ustlavian we kill a small number of enemies so it become swingy. A time we could get a lot of stuff in one go, at other times we will get nothing.
The smaller the number of enemies killed, the higher the chances of strange results.

Stilachio Thrax
tribuzio
The smaller the number of enemies killed, the higher the chances of strange results.

Well, that is true but…

I've killed a lot of frackin' ogres, both before this event and during it- enough that you should easily be able to get a handle on the drops- and their drop rate/quality is horrendous. They are really the only monster mob that I've noticed this. All of the other top end mobs don't seem to have this problem, regardless of sample size.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Bringslite
Not sure what is up concerning Ogres. No idea if they are ranked (normally) at a lower level than most other purple mobs. It does seem to be the case. Then again, they do seem to be a little easier than other purples in general. These new Ogres seem to be on par with other purples, but maybe they do share the same old loot tables and chances…
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Regardless of loot tables, because they were in groups with more purples/mob, and with extended range, they were much more work for overall same number of kills as compared to regular purple ogres.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
tribuzio
Stilachio Thrax
tribuzio

Well, that is true but…

I've killed a lot of frackin' ogres, both before this event and during it- enough that you should easily be able to get a handle on the drops- and their drop rate/quality is horrendous. They are really the only monster mob that I've noticed this. All of the other top end mobs don't seem to have this problem, regardless of sample size.

I fully agree for the "common" ogres, I simply was saying that we don't have enough data to say the same for the new ones.
Edam
The drops from the ogres where very ordinary but in actual fact still slightly better than Ogg which is generally abysmal.
Bringslite
Finished the event last night. The rewards were not that great throughout. We (a mixed group from 3 settlements) did get two Sett building recipes.

Been there, done that. Once every account has a stone, I will curse seeing that Esc near Ozem's. Much like I do when I see a skullbasher Esc nearby.

It was fun and it was a grind and it wasn't worth the cost in time or gear (compared to other T2 Esc). smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Do ogres in general seem stingier with loot than other mobs? They theoretically drop the same basic value of loot as other mobs of their level, but it's possible that their official level doesn't accurately reflect the difficulty of fighting them, or that something about the specific things they drop feels less valuable than it was intended to.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post