Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Thoughts on event?

Bob
My understanding of the loot drops when you kill a mob is this:

First, each type of mob has a spreadsheet defining the various kinds of loot they can drop, and the percentage chances for each kind to drop. Most mobs can drop multiple kinds of loot, with a relatively small chance for each kind to drop. You can improve those odds if you have the appropriate knowledge skills. If you're lucky, you'll get every possible kind of drop. A lot of the time, you'll get nothing. Usually you'll get 1-2 kinds. Over time, things average out.

If you're in a party, those chances are divided evenly between all party members in range of the kill, with a slight bonus based on the size of the party. To simplify, that could mean that a mob with a 50% chance to drop a T1 Expendable would give each member from a party of 2 a roughly 25-28% chance of dropping the same thing. Each party member then adjusts those percentages based on their appropriate knowledge skill, and finally each party member rolls for their own loot. With this method, it's completely possible for one party member to get nothing and for another party member to get lots of awesome stuff.

If the mob that was killed was the target of an active event, then there may be an additional loot drop list. Right now, those are only set up for the bulk of events in Nhur Athemon and Them Ogres Ain't Right, and for the bosses in all the escalations. The loot drop chances here are not divided between the party. Each party member gets a full share, so you want to have as many party members as you can for these drops. For the new ogre escalation, each of those drop lists includes a 100% chance of getting an Azlanti Stone (if you're eligible). Most of them also include a 100% chance of getting some money, either a Silver Coin or multiple Copper Coins. For the boss mobs, there are additional chances for various Expendables and Recipes, and most have some guaranteed Victory Markers. I could certainly make the drops for the regular events more interesting than just coins, but coins were the easiest to balance for the moment.

So, every party member nearby should see some guaranteed extra loot when killing bosses, or one of these select event mobs. Other than being close enough to qualify as actively participating, being really close shouldn't affect your drops.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I'll adjust Bob's description for what we've established both in testing and in an earlier conversation. The loot chance is given to every party member who is on the mini-map of the character who scored the killing blow. If the character who does the last point of damage can not see you on their minimap, you do not get a loot drop, even if there is a 100% chance.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Nihimon
Caldeathe Baequiannia
… The loot chance is given to every party member who is on the mini-map of the character who scored the killing blow. If the character who does the last point of damage can not see you on their minimap, you do not get a loot drop…

This is extremely valuable information, Cal. It definitely explains a lot of the weird things I remember hearing about.

Thanks for sharing.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Bringslite
"So, every party member nearby should see some guaranteed extra loot when killing bosses, or one of these select event mobs. Other than being close enough to qualify as actively participating, being really close shouldn't affect your drops. "

That soothes my superstitious heart. I am an archer in most T2+ escalations. My knowledge skills are at 70+ (all). I suppose that rng has a part in it. I am notorious (in my circle) for below average hauls and it isn't like I haven't done more than a few escalations. I must just be paranoid. smile

Also, "They" are always watching me, and cheating me…
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post