Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Settlement Chat

Jokken
First thank you for implementing settlement chat, it was a much needed communication tool. However, when trying it out, I noticed that what is entered in the settlement chat tab does not display in the chat tab like General chat and whispers do. Instead it behaves like the help tab in which you have to specifically have the settlement chat tab open to read what is written there. This should probably be changed.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Bringslite
Agreed. The community is small. If you are interested about the overall game, you likely want to monitor general as well as your own settlement chat. Thank you for getting it in. We are just asking for an improved iteration for the list. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Brighthaven Leader
I would like to mention that three of our companies can't utilize the settlement chat at all, but the rest of our community is fine. Those companies can type into the settlement chat, and everyone can read it, but they can't see settlement chat at all.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Tyncale
Jokken
First thank you for implementing settlement chat, it was a much needed communication tool. However, when trying it out, I noticed that what is entered in the settlement chat tab does not display in the chat tab like General chat and whispers do. Instead it behaves like the help tab in which you have to specifically have the settlement chat tab open to read what is written there. This should probably be changed.
Please note that when you are not in in Settlement chat, yet someone sais something new in your settlement chat after you left it, that the text on that tab turns white (from grey). It's not overly visable because of the color choice, but it does help to alert you of when something is being said in your Settlement chat while you are not actually under that tab.

Someone pointed this out to me, because as said, the colorchange is so subtle that it does not stand out much.

A truly advanced chat system allows you to set flags as to what text should appear under what tabs, such as Everquest has now. You just check the chat-types that you want to show up under a certain tab. But pfo is a long way from that. And the way they do it now is probably to not "pollute" the tabs too much with chat from other tabs.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post