Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Login sweet Login

kyntaro
Hi all
just two words about my persistent problem to enter the game.
I've been gifted with an alpha-key 2 days ago. No problem to downloading an installing client.
In the Login screen, while press the button client say me "Could not connect: invalid IP/server name". The only way to solve that is to re-install client, and is not sure it work.
I passed the Login screen just a couple of time. After character creation, client crashed during loading terrain! (dump sent via mail). No way to login again, client answer with "Could not connect: invalid IP/server name". A new installation is required to try a new login. At second crash seems clear that client run out all memory available on system.
On all new installations Login screen show me my correct user name, is there some kind of undeletable cache around?
Is Login screen already connected to server at launch?
My config
Windows 7 64bit
AMD Phenom II X4 810 2.6 GHz
chipset AMD790FX
ATI Radeon HD4830 RV770 1GB
RAM Corsair 2 GB DDR3

[smile UTC +1]
Nihimon
Your CPU is 2.6 GHz, which is a little slow. I also think there might be an issue where AMD CPUs that claim to be 4-core are actually 2-core. Also, you only have 2 GB of RAM, which is probably not enough. I see my system using over 4 GB of RAM for each instance of the client I run.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
SDShannonS
A poor network connection could be the cause of the "Could not connect" errors.

I agree with Nihimon that the machine you have described is at the low end of modern computers in terms of performance capacity. It may not be powerful enough to run the alpha client at this time.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, SP 1
32 GB RAM
Dual Crossfire'd AMD Radeon R9 200 video cards
kyntaro
Ye, you right about my system but…
2.6 GHz MUST be absolutely enough to run everything…a non-optimal alpha client too (IMO)
I'm a lazy guysmile , always postponed the deal of 8 GB RAM…yep, my 2 GB are POOR and could be a problem

About connection, only problem i can assume is that i'm at other side of world. My ISP work good (enough), bandwidth and speed should be ok.
The error message appear instantly after pressing Log In button, any idle or waiting time occur. If i change my user name client answer me in same way without a real handshacking (seems so)
If i'm able to login and game crash waiting entering world, error message will appear on the next attempt to login.
For that i think could be something strange in local.
Ryan Dancey
Computer is plenty fast enough. You have a system/network problem of some kind, or you just unluckily hit the server when someone was doing maintenance or something. If that problem persists, it's on your end. Run windows update and verify that you have the most current video card drivers installed. Try running the game as Administrator too.
kyntaro
Thanks!

STAY TUNED

Someone can confirm that alpha server is alpha.goblinworks.com ?
SDShannonS
Correct.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, SP 1
32 GB RAM
Dual Crossfire'd AMD Radeon R9 200 video cards
kyntaro
Uh?…What?…Someone said "FIREWALL"smile

However RAM still remain a big trouble, no way to complete game loading.
I think that to find an Option button in Login screen or in Character window would be very useful; graphic and other configuration settings going to be done before enter the game.
Cole Brown
kyntaro
graphic and other configuration settings going to be done before enter the game.

Those are planned to go in the patcher at some point. Meanwhile…

Make a new shortcut to Pathfinder. (e.g. drag from start menu to desktop)
Right click on your new link, choose "Properties"
The "Target" field should be "C:\<blah blah blah>\Pathfinder.exe".
Add " -quality fast" to the end. So it'll be: "C:\<blah blah blah>\Pathfinder.exe" -quality fast
Click ok.
Now use that to open Pathfinder, and it'll reset your quality.

Hope that helps.
Thod-Theodum
Cole Brown
kyntaro
graphic and other configuration settings going to be done before enter the game.

Those are planned to go in the patcher at some point. Meanwhile…

Make a new shortcut to Pathfinder. (e.g. drag from start menu to desktop)
Right click on your new link, choose "Properties"
The "Target" field should be "C:\<blah blah blah>\Pathfinder.exe".
Add " -quality fast" to the end. So it'll be: "C:\<blah blah blah>\Pathfinder.exe" -quality fast
Click ok.
Now use that to open Pathfinder, and it'll reset your quality.

Hope that helps.

Where is it storing the quality settings? I guess just earsing this file might work as well - but I haven't been able to locate it and uninstall/reinstall will not remove it. It remembers 'Thod' and seemingly also other setting information. I have a problem with one underpowered computer that could run in fastest mode (barely) until I tried to 'tune it' and it will always crash. I would like to bring it back up again at least as backup.
One untested way to get it working is to start as a different user - still need to check this out. I noticed settings have not been transferred on the dedicated gaming computer when my son tried it out.

EDIT: With the server down you have more time browsing. Seems all information is stored in the registry. Guess you can manually change it using regedit. In Software / Pathfinder you find an entry - Unix_graphics_quality_hxxxxxxx with x likely being an identifier number for me. Will check this out once the server is back up.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post