Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Keepside Chat 9/30, GW Mike Hines, 8pm est

PFU Hoffman
Keepside Chat 9/30, GW Lead Graphics Guy Mike Hines, 8pm est

golarion.mumble.com
port 3093

Post your questions here
Pathfinder University - A place for new players in their first 90 days.
Bob
Mike and I are going to switch places, so I've changed all the subjects and postings to reflect that I'll be doing the chat today and Mike will be doing it next week.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
@ Mike,

When can we expect to see the game environment, particularly the rivers filled with water, completed?

We have all suffered the results of the miscalculation of the role that graphics plays in attracting the gaming community consumer. After 9 months since Early Enrollment, the lack of rivers in the River Kingdoms has become the poster child for PFO's failure.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Tyncale
Mike, could we see the combat changes rolled back so that my bow and my whirlwind are usefull again? I may actually start playing the game again then, since I reallly enjoyed my recipe hunt with the Molochs.

As far as I am concerned, the whole "lower dps, less Endurance cost, more combo's" thing is a total bust. I never understood why this was implemented in the first place. Did so many people complain about the lack of combo's?

I sure never did. Also, do people use more combo's now with the new balancing? I sure am not. Off course you need logging tools to *really* assess such changes ……

So please roll back those changes so people can start having some more PvE fun again, and from then on, *only* apply such humongous balance-shifts when you have logging software implemented. That would have showed you the possible necessity of such a change in the first place (instead of a few people complaining on the forums about "too few combo's" ). smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Gross
+500
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
Gagnrath
+1

Please!
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
@ Tyncale

+1 on that. I no sooner got my T2 +3 Longbow, and a few additional feats, when I could one-shot certain "yellows" and they nerfed bow DPS into th "why bother range".

Personally I think they should have "No Rooting for Short Bows and Wands", because not for nothing… kiting is fun, in the otherwise mind-numbing boredom that is PVE.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Azure_Zero
@Mike
Since we have 7 settlement layouts and do enjoy a number of them, though I then ask what are the contour lines of each one to get an idea of the 3D terrain.

@Tyncale
I've been using the combo's a lot and they do spice up the combat from the "I'll just spam this, since I want easy mode."
As Ryan said "Hard is Fun." Though I can agree that the damage values are a bit too low with combo's (bonus damage should be increased about 10%-20% when executing a combo).

@Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
If you want Ranged Rooting removed, You need to give something else up, as this world has the Merchant's Law of "Give AND Take."
So if you Want Rooting removed you'd need to sacrifice something like; DPS, Range, and or Quick Cool downs (making each attack have say a 15 sec cool down). And this sacrifice would only be removed when Ammo gets in as that is WHY rooting is present in the first place.

And the "Kiting is Fun" is also "I want easy mode" since the A.I. is No where near advanced enough yet to counter Kiting tactics.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Azure_Zero
@Mike
Since we have 7 settlement layouts and do enjoy a number of them, though I then ask what are the contour lines of each one to get an idea of the 3D terrain.

@Tyncale
I've been using the combo's a lot and they do spice up the combat from the "I'll just spam this, since I want easy mode."
As Ryan said "Hard is Fun." Though I can agree that the damage values are a bit too low with combo's (bonus damage should be increased about 10%-20% when executing a combo).

@Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
If you want Ranged Rooting removed, You need to give something else up, as this world has the Merchant's Law of "Give AND Take."
So if you Want Rooting removed you'd need to sacrifice something like; DPS, Range, and or Quick Cool downs (making each attack have say a 15 sec cool down). And this sacrifice would only be removed when Ammo gets in as that is WHY rooting is present in the first place.

And the "Kiting is Fun" is also "I want easy mode" since the A.I. is No where near advanced enough yet to counter Kiting tactics.

Short Bows do sacrifice DPS, and Range, which is why they have virtually disappeared and were replaced with the Long Bow. In fact the Great Sword has certain attacks with the same range (25 meters) as the Short Bow, and none of the rooting.

Rooting was an issue for PVE, but with the small population now, what difference would it really make if it were removed? The game needs to be a bit more solo friendly at this point, until or if the population increases it could be put back in.

Quoting Ryan, removes all merit from an argument, just saying…

Seraph
Personally I think stamina consumption and the combos are just right how they are now. I don't run out of stamina after 2 attacks (but I do run out over the course of a normal T2 encounter), and the combos mean I actually have something approaching a rotation instead of one best attack to spam against each enemy. The only thing I'm unhappy about is the huge Fire Whirl and healing nerfs that took place *AFTER* the big combat update.

I'm still convinced that the things needing the most balancing aren't actually the attacks but the PvE mobs, though. They are why there's all the kiting and people are upset about how little damage certain attacks do.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post