Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Requirements for MVP

Nihimon
Some very general UI friendliness stuff.

Login Screen:
  • Tab to move from Username to Password.
  • Shift-Tab to move from Password to Username.
  • Enter to Log In.

Character Select Screen / Character Creation Screen:
  • Move camera to look at Character from any angle.

General:
  • Remember last UI settings, such as the position and state of various windows. Ideally, save UI settings to be imported into another Character.
  • Allow Mouse-Look to point the camera straight up, or at least closer to straight up than is currently allowed, which seems to be only about 45 degrees.
  • Allow Sprint/Hussle/Walk setting to persist even after stopping movement. Add icon (on mini-map?) to indicate which state is active.
  • Tooltips for Menu Icons in the top-left.

Chat Windows:
  • Allow user to specify which channels to monitor in which windows, to create and join up to 9 custom channels which may optionally be password-protected, and to create new windows that can be separated from the main chat and repositioned so that two or more windows can be monitored simultaneously.
  • Allow / (slash) character to automatically add itself to the chat entry field and place any follow-on characters there as well. Add slash commands to chat in every channel, with /1 through /9 used for up to 9 custom channels.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Caius
Allow / (slash) character to automatically add itself to the chat entry field and place any follow-on characters there as well. Add slash commands to chat in every channel, with /1 through /9 used for up to 9 custom channels.
+ as many as I can!!
Smitty
With the announcement a few weeks ago, and football season in full swing ( yes I would be a degenerate gambler type) I haven’t been logging in but my accounts are all still active.Based on where the game was 3 weeks ago or so..Beyond Nihimons list which all seem like building blocks of feeling like a MMO..

I would add some things that are going to require some tech time but are needed..
1. Combat logs - we need logs so we can tell what hit you, what you hit for, who killed me etc . these can run in a chat window folks can .
2. The mob AI - this needs work! It is the first thing people do in game, all our escalations have the same strategy to fight( or did a few weeks ago). We need roaming mobs, some mobs that summon or immobilize you. The drop a party member and kite and kill is mind numbing and boring.
a. With this all those cool effects need to work on PvE mobs- how can people coming into the game know that stun , knockdown etc .. don’t work on mobs ? they buy these skills use them and test them and nothing changes while fighting PvE. This is red flag and confusing to explain to anyone trying out the game and needs to be corrected ASAP.

I know 2 and 2a are PvE but they are what people interact with first and need to be interesting and working. I know it will take a ton from a tech stand point with the current staff but it needs to be very high on the to-do list.
Bringslite
On the UI. From the last chat, Mark mentioned something about going to a premade chat system with lots of bells and whistles (pretty sure that I heard that there).

Along with some better AI PVE, I would love them to actually explore an easy (as easy as possible) procedural dungeon generator. All that you really need in game, is an "instance" entrance. The Devs have rudimentary tech to move characters from one spot to another, do they not? Can it be modified? As long as the dungeon persists, the entrance persists. Anyone can stumble over it, enter, and PVE/PVP should be available inside. A Rep free Zone.

A cash cow is sitting there wanting to be milked. Entire quest lines could be made by people for consignment pay and I know that quest lines are big with Paizo. Instead of dismissing because it seems that it would be difficult, take a real look at it. Paizo is creative and thrifty. Use those skills to solve that sooner.

Narrow down the areas that the instance entry spots can appear. Like maybe broken/bad lands? Those were made for interesting content spots, were they not?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Father Bronin
Short term:

(1). Fully implement settlement development and combat.

(2). Clean up. Work on the Monster AI. Clean up animations. Fix the crossing hexes borders issues where features turn off and back on. Fix the bank so items are sortable. Fix the auction house to make it easier to navigate. Clean up the buy orders. Clean up graphics so seams are not so obvious. Etc.

And add water. Passable and impassable water. We can't pretend there is a drought in the River Kingdoms any more.

New players need to see a complete game in progress not a work in development. Polish what already exists so they will have something to game. Adding more incomplete features do not ultimately draw in new players if they cannot work with what is already exists.

(3). T3 artwork needs to be completed. Apparently there are people in t3 armor without any graphics.

(4). All the roles need to be put in the game or dropped altogether. There are still players sitting on experience waiting for Stonemasons to start. If the role will be in the game, it needs to get in soon. If not, drop the role and let people know to move on. Architect has already been dropped. What other roles may open or be dropped?

Medium term:

(1) Implement factions. Not just Pathfinders vs Aspis but others as well.

(2). Other races. Gnomes but also Orcs and Half-Orcs.

(3). Other classes. Paladins and Rangers specifically. Maybe Druids as well. (Animal companions can wait in my opinion.)

(4). Magic Items. This is supposedly mostly complete. The developers just needed time to work on it to get it online. Finish that process.

(5). Implement Religions. This is another promised feature that needs to be finalized and placed in the game. At least the first round of deities needs to be implemented. (And round two if possible - where is my Torag?)

(6). Improve AI so there can be wandering monsters. Monsters do not need to just stand there until we get too close. Add creatures that will move around and actively seek out combat.

(7). More fantasy creatures. The elementals were a very nice start.
I don't think we are up to dragons yet but wandering Forest Drakes or Mountain Hydras would be nice to see.

Long term:
(1). I would like to see race specific buildings. Dwarven and Elven especially. Gnomish, Halfling and Orcish next.
Gloreindl
Father Bronin
Short term:

(1). Fully implement settlement development.

(2). Clean up. Work on the Monster AI. Clean up animations. Fix the crossing hexes borders issues where features turn off and back on. Fix the bank so items are sort-able. Fix the auction house to make it easier to navigate. Clean up the buy orders. Clean up graphics so seams are not so obvious. Etc.

And add water. Passable and impassable water. We can't pretend there is a drought in the River Kingdoms any more.

New players need to see a complete game in progress not a work in development. Polish what already exists so they will have something to game. Adding more incomplete features do not ultimately draw in new players if they cannot work with what is already exists.

(3). T3 artwork needs to be completed. Apparently there are people in t3 armor without any graphics.

(4). All the roles need to be put in the game or dropped altogether. There are still players sitting on experience waiting for Stonemasons to start. If the role will be in the game, it needs to get in soon. If not, drop the role and let people know to move on. Architect has already been dropped. What other roles may open or be dropped?

Medium term:

(1) Implement factions. Not just Pathfinders vs Aspis but others as well.

(2). Magic Items. This is supposedly mostly complete. The developers just needed time to work on it to get it online. Finish that process.

(3). Implement Religions. This is another promised feature that needs to be finalized and placed in the game. At least the first round of deities needs to be implemented. (And round two if possible - where is my Torag?)

(4). Improve AI so there can be wandering monsters. Monsters do not need to just stand there until we get too close. Add creatures that will move around and actively seek out combat.

(5). More fantasy creatures, especially Inner Sea specific ones owned by Paizo. The elementals were a very nice start.
I don't think we are up to dragons yet but wandering Forest Drakes or Mountain Hydras would be nice to see.

Long to very long term:

(1) Other Races.

(2). I would like to see race specific buildings. Dwarven and Elven especially. Gnomish, Halfling and Orcish next.

(3). Other classes. Paladins and Rangers specifically. Maybe Druids as well. (Animal companions can wait in my opinion.)

Just switched things around a bit to a more realistic short, medium and long term basis, given the current status of the staffing. Subject to change if staffing gets better, with rehires smile
Wizard/Cleric; Chosen of Nethys and Yuelral. Magic is Life.
Mbando

• All core classes and races implemented
  • Good enough character art that people don't quit the game because elves look like bugs
  • Functioning alignment system that has a real impact on game behavior
  • Functioning reputation system that has a real impact on game behavior
  • Joinable faction system for Thornkeep, Ft. Inevitable, and Ft. Riverwatch.
  • Taxation system for settlements
  • Working settlement guards
  • The ability to control training, including denying or selling it
  • Full implementation of deities, with corresponding game mechanics (see alignment system)
  • Settlement warfare–the need for structures, and the ability to rob/destroy/take structures
  • Dungeons–it could be an sidebar, a prize for winning an escalation, a result of investing in exploration (some notional resource spending), but once in a while you get to explore a dungeon.
  • Mobs
  • Alliance mechanics–things like full ally where guards cross-recognize, full access to structures, etc.
  • A reason for PVP other than boredom. Maybe a resource worth fighter over, or perhaps a control point that has an impact, like a keep in pass that can charge a toll.
A member of Ozem's Vigil, home to servants of Iomedae and her coming Paladins.
Nihimon
+1 @Mbando
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Mbando
I hope this is helpful to Lisa–that she can look at our various lists, and maybe look for strong commonalities as well as insight.
A member of Ozem's Vigil, home to servants of Iomedae and her coming Paladins.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
The lack of water in the rivers has become the symbol of PFO's failure, that before anything else should be addressed.

Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post