Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Multiple Crafting Queue options

Edam
I see no issues with a second craft queue so long as its cannot produce the same type of item as on the first queue.

This would encourage people to genuinely multi-craft rather than just obsessively leveling a single craft as high as possible within ability limits.
Quijenoth Starkiller
Yeah lets double Zomoz's profit….

NO
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Quijenoth Starkiller
Ok I'm going to ask this question.

Do you think the recent interest in crafting is because all those people who are Tier 2 combat ready are now starting to hit T2 crafting due to the gates required for T3 attacks?

I know that my archer is now level 7 leatherworker with 16.91 dex and only 6 more attacks left to purchase at level 4. shes likely to be leatherworker 10 before hitting Tier 3 armor.

This and the fact that theres no PVP, and the PVE is meh since we all have T2 recipes and spells in abundance. Is Crafting and gathering the only things keeping people amused in-game currently?
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Caldeathe Baequiannia
It was always the only thing keeping me in game, aside from friendships.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bringslite
The queues are fine where they are. Making it easier/faster to craft things will not make crafting more interesting. It will bury the world in unsellable product.

How does it break down again? Freeholders are gatherers. Experts are refiner/crafters? Of those, the Freeholders are about the only fairly exciting role that might be made a character's "main" role. There are pure Experts, but not because they are fun to play as roles. It's because there are lots of alts and extra accounts being played.

What, if you are coming into the game with one character, would be attractive enough to lure you to play a full dedicated crafter with that one character?

I see nothing that would so incline me. So, yes Q, I think that any upsurge in crafter numbers is due solely to it being the best option for ability score advancement.

Edit to add: I don't think that even those skilled crafters that are taking a break or waiting or even those that have moved on are enough to make a dent in the crafter population.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Gagnrath
Bringslite
The queues are fine where they are. Making it easier/faster to craft things will not make crafting more interesting. It will bury the world in unsellable product.

+1

The game is meant to be played in T2 gear. T3 gear should be rare, precious, expensive and take super long to make.
Midnight
While I understand why a crafter already playing wants to be able to craft more conveniently, I share the concern about new players coming in and finding nothing for them to do because the people here have everything covered.

If I were a new player who wanted to do crafting, I'd want to see all crafting times quadrupled to create more opportunities to do some work that others can't.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Edam
Keepers Pass does have players who only craft/refine/gather with all their characters.

All of my own characters are both combat and craft focused and hence I have no specific crafter alts. Though admittedly my former main combat character (an Archer) has been retired from all combat since the great archer castration (which by the way actually saw some Archer players leave the game entirely in disgust) and he is now just a level off T3 weaving.

It is not just an alt issue - do not discount the useless auction house system early game as a factor. The economy and auction houses were neglected initially presumably because trade and industry were not seen as a viable way of attracting the needed influx of new players to the game.

Regardless of why it was neglected, every settlement as a result tended to try and organize or attract at least one of every refiner or crafter because the in-game economy (especially for refined goods) was effectively non existent. This to some extent still goes on. As recently as 3 weeks ago a few of us acquired backdated accounts and trained up replacements for crafters who had left Keepers Pass. The lack of an economy has meant every settlement tries to do everything.

Even now that the AH system is semi-workable and has buy orders - we still have a problem because all the refiners and crafters created back when the economy was non functional can cover most settlements needs internally.
Nihimon
Edam
… the great archer castration (which by the way actually saw some Archer players leave the game entirely in disgust)…

Note to self: If you ever make an MMO, make everyone about 1/4 as powerful as you think they should be, so you can balance up instead of having to nerf existing builds.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Edam
Nihimon
Edam
… the great archer castration (which by the way actually saw some Archer players leave the game entirely in disgust)…

Note to self: If you ever make an MMO, make everyone about 1/4 as powerful as you think they should be, so you can balance up instead of having to nerf existing builds.

This is common sense but not the way it usually works in most games. Commonly devs create shiney overpowered stuff to spice up a new patch and then, after every man and his dog trains it, proceed to nerf it to uselessness. Preferably balance passes need to at least leave large XP investments semi useful even if they do nerf things. In the archer case, there were ways to balance the problem of high alpha focused fire of multiple archers without making individual archers sub par.

It is quite simple really, people want to feel there character is good or bad based on decisions they personally made. Hence we have players happy to play rogues despite them being seriously UP because they made that as a choice.

It is different with doctrines in large clans/guilds as you just build what you were told by your grand and illustrious leader but in PFO people are trying to build personal characters and want their choices to matter. If it becomes apparent that the success or failure of the build you spent a year of subs on depends on the mood of the dev who is swinging the balance bat people will loose interest.

I also think it is important to keep choices. If in the end you "balance" to the point that the only difference between a greatsword fighter and a melee wizrd in combat is the wizard creates a pretty light show and the fighter looks chunky it is not really a meaningful choice.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post