Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Multiple Crafting Queue options

FuryFire
Caldeathe Baequiannia
fierywind
Being able to do what you want is not something unique to sandboxes (I can play WoW and spend all of my time hunting down and reading the in-game books….nothing stopping me, but that doesn't mean it's an intended time-sink), and sandboxes are, more specifically, really just defined by being open-world.
(bolding mine.) By definition, open-world implies that you can generally do whatever you want. Reality is going to impose all kinds of limits on that, but when there are roles specifically devoted to "freeholders" or professions, there shouldn't be any artificial design preference limiting those roles from being a viable way to spend all your time. If the developers don't want crafting to be a viable way to spend all of your time, they shouldn't require you to spend the same amount of XP as you do to level any of the other roles in the game. If it takes me the same (or more) half a million XP to become a T3 Tailor, that it does for someone to become a T3 Fighter or Cleric, then I should be able to expect that I can play a T3 Tailor.

fierywind
(I can play WoW and spend all of my time hunting down and reading the in-game books….nothing stopping me, but that doesn't mean it's an intended time-sink)
When the devs charge you the same amount of XP for reading the in game books as they do for any other character type, you can make that claim again. Until then, It's a specious argument.

The problem with your argument is that "crafter" is not a role…."expert" and "freeholder" are roles, and neither is designed to be pure crafters/refiners. It has been repeatedly said that experts/freeholders will require other things to level their role like all others….an attack bonus, hp, power, etc. In addition they require the ability to use toolkits/holdout weapons and there are expendables for them in the game. You SHOULD be able to play "freeholders" or "experts" actively, just like any other role…you may not be as strong combat-wise, but that's your trade-off for being able to craft.
Takasi
There is nothing requiring any expert role features like Protection Prone to have attack bonuses, hp, power, etc.

Even for non adventuring roles the only requirements for levels are the role features (domains, arcane schools, rogue roles and weapon specializations). You can wield tier 3 armor and weapons without role level requirements.

Gathering and crafting can be played just as actively as PvE or PvP. There are different playstyles that Goblinworks originally pitched and surveyed people as participating in most. From my understanding some players can raise ranks indefinitely without ever crafting, and others never need to be combative.
FuryFire
To advance in role level for any role you require such things as power, hp, etc. You don't advance in role level with features.

Pulled from the spreadsheet:

Fighter Level 20: Requires Strength or Dexterity 30, Constitution of 16, Base Attack Bonus 10, Hit Points 20, and Power 20 .

It is actually the case that such things as T3 equipment and features aren't a necessary part of advancing in role level (they are the most logical ways of meeting the attribute requirements, though).
Takasi
Role levels have no function within the game other than a sense of achievement and as a prerequisite for role features.

There are no Role levels for experts or freeholders, and their role features do not have any role level requirements.

Role levels are not an indication of intended play styles. Surveys and presentations have defined styles that focus exclusively on gathering and crafting.
FuryFire
Role levels are in fact required for role feats, and we have no reason to think that freeholders/experts wont have role feats gated by role levels when those two classes are fleshed out (I'd be willing to bet good money that second queues are part of the role feats system).
Caldeathe Baequiannia
fierywind
To advance in role level for any role you require such things as power, hp, etc. You don't advance in role level with features.

The fact that Freeholder's and Experts have been sufficiently ignored as to not actually be included in the advancement spreadsheet is hardly a compelling argument that they will need the same things as the roles that haven't been ignored. If anything, it's the reverse, since if the advancement were going to follow the same pattern it would have been trivial for them to include them any time in the last nine months.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Takasi
Expert and freeholder role features do not require expert and freeholder role levels.

Expert and freeholder role levels have not been put into the game at all.

Whether they will or will not be added at a future date is hypothetical. Good money bets aside, the fact that they have not been implemented at all is a good enough reason to support the argument that exclusively crafting and gathering is a viable play style. The existing game system supports this.

To the topic, my opinion of crafting queues is to support the status quo. Everything is fine. Focus elsewhere.
FuryFire
Caldeathe Baequiannia
fierywind

The fact that Freeholder's and Experts have been sufficiently ignored as to not actually be included in the advancement spreadsheet is hardly a compelling argument that they will need the same things as the roles that haven't been ignored. If anything, it's the reverse, since if the advancement were going to follow the same pattern it would have been trivial for them to include them any time in the last nine months.

No, we have not seen the spreadsheet advancement entries, but it has been stated multiple times in EE that they will require those things other roles do (I even asked as such in a keepside chat). The fact that they have not put role advancements in for those classes is hardly a compelling argument that they have changed their design intent.
FuryFire
Takasi
Expert and freeholder role features do not require expert and freeholder role levels.

Expert and freeholder role levels have not been put into the game at all.

Whether they will or will not be added at a future date is hypothetical. Good money bets aside, the fact that they have not been implemented at all is a good enough reason to support the argument that exclusively crafting and gathering is a viable play style. The existing game system supports this.

To the topic, my opinion of crafting queues is to support the status quo. Everything is fine. Focus elsewhere.

Currently all aristocrats can do is refine permits, but we have no reason to believe that's the extent of their intended play-style simply because we have an incomplete system in-game.
Takasi
There are plenty of possibilities for Aristocrat playstyle to discuss. At the moment I don't think there is any driving force, including precedent from previous design discussions, that has any weight over or should be used to belittle player feedback, dreams or desires.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post