Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Multiple Crafting Queue options

FuryFire
So what has weight that should be used to belittle my feedback? (Hint: no one here is belittling anyone or his or her ideas)
Takasi
A present authoritative source of design intent would carry more weight on these subjects. How those responses may belittle an opinion really depends on what's been said to the contrary and how objective the posters and comments were to begin with. I apologize for derailing the topic into tone policing. Hopefully we'll find out if dedicated crafting is an active play style in the months to come.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
fierywind
So what has weight that should be used to belittle my feedback? (Hint: no one here is belittling anyone or his or her ideas)
The extent of your feedback with which I've taken issue is that the game doesn't (or shouldn't?) intend for me to play a dedicated crafter. The weight I use is that it costs me as many (in fact possibly more) XP to get to the capstone level of any crafting feat as it does to get to the same point in entire roles.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
FuryFire
Caldeathe Baequiannia
fierywind
The extent of your feedback with which I've taken issue is that the game doesn't (or shouldn't?) intend for me to play a dedicated crafter. The weight I use is that it costs me as many (in fact possibly more) XP to get to the capstone level of any crafting feat as it does to get to the same point in entire roles.

It should take approximately the same amount of time to reach a capstone (level 20 in a role) for any role, including freeholder and expert. The major distinction that you are using crafting as the lion's share of your way of getting attribute as compared to adventuring roles that go for a lot of high level attacks/features. Now, there's no reason you can't pick up gathering skills (if one shares an attribute with your refine/craft) or combat skills (attacks, features, etc) in order to play actively. Anyone is free to go the "optimized" path of crafting, where he or she picks up skills purely for the attribute/xp they give, but otherwise aren't being utilized, and that's fine. That's being able to do what you want within the game systems we have. However, that is a meaningful tradeoff - for the sake of extra optimization of attribute/xp, that person sacrificed having useful skills that they can use outside of crafting.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
fierywind
Caldeathe Baequiannia
fierywind

It should take approximately the same amount of time to reach a capstone (level 20 in a role) for any role, including freeholder and expert. The major distinction that you are using crafting as the lion's share of your way of getting attribute as compared to adventuring roles that go for a lot of high level attacks/features. Now, there's no reason you can't pick up gathering skills (if one shares an attribute with your refine/craft) or combat skills (attacks, features, etc) in order to play actively. Anyone is free to go the "optimized" path of crafting, where he or she picks up skills purely for the attribute/xp they give, but otherwise aren't being utilized, and that's fine. That's being able to do what you want within the game systems we have. However, that is a meaningful tradeoff - for the sake of extra optimization of attribute/xp, that person sacrificed having useful skills that they can use outside of crafting.
What I'm failing to communicate is that even aside from going outside of my craft (which I actually have no choice about) it takes me more XP to get to that level than it would for me to get to that level in one of the "adventuring" roles. So I am not only required to invest more XP, but your proposal is that I shouldn't expect to do that thing by design, but should also be expected to spend even more XP on picking up some additional adventuring role features in order to fill my time, whether I want to do those things or not?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
FuryFire
No, the total amount of xp required should be very similar. You *will* end up less effective at combat than a pure adventuring role, but that's the trade-off of being a good crafter. It only stands to reason that, yes, if you want to be as good a fighter as a pure fighter, but also be a maxed crafter, you'll have to spend more xp. I don't believe it will take you more xp to reach level 20 in a freeholder/expert role than it will an adventuring one.
Bringslite
So far, the entire concept of "Roles" has been so very mangled by the current system of feat acquisition and inconsistent discussion and support that it is more damaging than positive.

I think that I prefer to look at my character's collection of skills (feats) as his profession. How I use that collection of skills is the "Role" that I fill for my company and settlement.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
FuryFire
Bringslite
So far, the entire concept of "Roles" has been so very mangled by the current system of feat acquisition and inconsistent discussion and support that it is more damaging than positive.

I think that I prefer to look at my character's collection of skills (feats) as his profession. How I use that collection of skills is the "Role" that I fill for my company and settlement.

I agree they butchered the system, and that it perhaps needs changing. But maybe it just appears so broken to us because it hasn't been fully realized.
Bringslite
@ Duffy

Actually, "incomplete" is a more fair assessment than lack of support. Good point.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Mistwalker
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Crafting needs to be sled up, at least twice as fast. What is the rationale for such slow rates of producing an item

Actually, when GW was looking at reducing the crafting time, the overwhelming feedback from the community was to leave the crafting times where they were.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post