Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Multiple Crafting Queue options

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Mistwalker
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Crafting needs to be sled up, at least twice as fast. What is the rationale for such slow rates of producing an item

Actually, when GW was looking at reducing the crafting time, the overwhelming feedback from the community was to leave the crafting times where they were.

In light of the dramatically smaller population, they might want to revisit that.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Mistwalker
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Mistwalker
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Crafting needs to be sled up, at least twice as fast. What is the rationale for such slow rates of producing an item

Actually, when GW was looking at reducing the crafting time, the overwhelming feedback from the community was to leave the crafting times where they were.

In light of the dramatically smaller population, they might want to revisit that.

Not all of the crafters currently in the game believe that the crafting times need to be changed.
Nihimon
Mistwalker
… when GW was looking at reducing the crafting time, the overwhelming feedback from the community was to leave the crafting times where they were.

It's worth pointing out that the proposed changes weren't given any context. I think a lot of folks were opposed to what appeared to be a knee-jerk reaction. I know I changed my mind and no longer opposed them when Stephen explained that the current settings were actually incorrectly implemented, and were never intended to be so long.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Yrme
iirc, the Devs were talking of reducing only T1 and T2 crafting times, to 20% of the current numbers?

In my view, there were competing ideas that the devs wanted to drastically reduce crafting times, while at the same time the devs had a great deal of concern that we weren't destroying enough equipment… But wouldn't 5x faster crafting cause the excess item problem to get worse, not better?

(My simplistic, but cynical, explanation is that there had to be at least two factions within the developer team.)
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.
Nihimon
Yrme
iirc, the Devs were talking of reducing only T1 and T2 crafting times, to 20% of the current numbers?

I believe it was actually Tiers 2 & 3.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Bringslite
Just about the only thing left in which we are not spoon fed, head patted, and provided an easy process for is gathering-refining-crafting.

I could get behind making any one (or all) of those 3 things more interesting (in some ways), but not quicker or easier. For The Gods' Sakes, you have a crafting system in an MMO wherein 3 possibly individual "craft related" systems are very valuable to ALL players. The worst thing that could happen (IMO) is that it get watered down until it is as pathetic as any number of crafting systems in any number of other MMOs. Instant gratification is a death knell for longevity in these situations.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post