Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

What if

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Any discussion about things that happened in the game had to be discussed in the role-playing sub-forum?

(other than bug reports)
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Tigari
negative. we would come across the problem of "role-playing" and actual discussion going on getting mixxed up. Remember before we had a roleplay section, people were constantly quoting each other asking if it was a role play post

(my opinion)
Caldeathe Baequiannia
But people would have to assume it was in character, because otherwise it clearly wouldn't be in the role-play forum. And regardless of how intense it got, outsiders could view it through an entirely different lens.
Maxen
Sure, no different than someone typing [OOC] in General chat (if they are true role players.) If it's said in the RP forum, it should be safe to say it's in character. My $0.02.
AlexanderDamocles
We have enough confusion and uncertainty with communication now, without the questions of if a Roleplay statement is meant as policy or not.

Lets not.
Decius
What things that are permitted to be said at all would be taken differently if they were in character as opposed to in player?
Edam
hmm …

"Well I said that with Cyril who is chaotic evil half elf and he lies all the time just for fun - so you cannot hold me to it. Now if Felicity my valley girl Paladin has said it that is a different matter."
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
What if your character is a true reflection of your internet self, or even your real self?
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I should have used "rhetorical" tags
Midnight
I think that by posting in character the forums would be even more contentious than they are now.

As a person who pays a subscription, all I care about is having a fun and fair game and I understand that players (including me) are the content.

Some of my *characters* might threaten horrible and shocking things on a level of retribution equivalent to what you see in Game of Thrones.

Some of my characters are just not 21st century internet friendly. smile
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post