Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

WOW game is dead

Sgtcasey
The only time I heard about this game was through Star wars galaxy forum. The only time I heard of SWG was through somebody on steam. I checked out SWG yesterday and come to find out it was shutdown for over 3 years lol. It died when the DEVs started implementing useless things and changing combat, etc, when it was already good breaking the game and rendering other features in the game useless causing a dramatic incline in players. I heard it was one of the best MMO games even way better than EVE online. When I looked through the forum somebody mention this game and some others. Soon as I came to this website I checked it out and was like yea im pretty sure I'll like it. I downloaded the game and logged in to find myself running around for some time through different hexes. Only came across 1 person the entire time I was on. Here I'm back today to see if it was just the wrong timing of logging in. Yet again ghost town. Not a single soul. It seems to me like great games are not well mention to anybody else and seems to die off quickly. My best bet is to bring it onto steam where most gamers are on. There you will get a easy +1000 players.
Fanndis Goldbraid
Hi Sgtcasey! There are still players here…many are on their own TeamSpeak channels or Mumble. There are fewer players here at the moment because the developer, Goblinworks, is going through a restructuring and a lot of old regulars are in "wait and see" mode, but as of now, we are still playing. Keep your trial account and check it out. Ask in General chat if you have a question. Not many on during work hours EST, but evenings you should get a response. More info to come on the future!
Bringslite
Hey Sgtcasey,

The population is in fact low. We are in a period called "Early Enrollment". We are paying a subscription for an unfinished game so the pop is low. When I say "unfinished" I mean there are plenty of features, but not all are in yet. Also they aren't polished. Despite that, there is a basic complete game and we are having tons of fun every night. We can show you around if you like. Just look up, Excelsior on the in game lookup and apply.

As Sister Fanndis said, there are actually people playing. They are mostly close to their homes (settlements) most times. Evenings Eastern time is a good bet. We (Ozem's Vigil = Good Guys) have a party + playing together every night.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
Depends where and when you are on.

In the South East you will find Keepers pass is actually more active during euro/SE-Asia play times than its ever been. Phaeros on the other hand is dead with just the occasional Golgothan checking in for feud targets to make sure they stay offline smile

Overall though people in game are not going to be standing around town they will be out and about somewhere doing stuff. Every escalation hexes within reasonable travel range of Keepers Pass had already been taken down yesterday which means someone must be out and about doing stuff.
Maxen
You will also find a good player base in the northwest. Talonguard is usually active in the evenings EST. We do escalations from time to time and also are active on Mumble. Check out coalroad.com for more info on the settlements in the northwest.
The Eternal Balance
And don't forget - the game is still in Early Enrollment!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Duffy Swiftshadow
We're still around, you just gotta go to the right parts of the world to find activity. The middle of the map seems fairly empty right now but the NW and most of the South from the edge of the plains back east has people around.

Also of course this is an early access work in progress title that is going through some financial woes at the moment so it's sparser than normal, if things work out expect to see an uptick of activity again.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
The Eternal Balance
And don't forget - the game is still in Early Enrollment!

Please stop pushing this line, it has no meaning whatsoever. The game was launched, missing promised features that may never be implemented, and missing basic features that should have been considered minimum prior to launch. The lack of polish is not just visual, it is also in the UI and the content.

We from Aragon are active in the central and NW areas, almost every night, and it is rare to encounter anyone during the evening hours of Eastern Time Zone.

What the Devs should consider doing is pushing back Build 11, which has nothing to do with minimum viable product, and focus on the things a new player sees immediately.

We are nearly 10 months post launch, and the world environment is less complete than an alpha in its first month. I challenge you to find any alpha, more than a month old, that has empty rivers. That is the kind of stuff a new player says "WTF!".
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Realta
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
We from Aragon are active in the central and NW areas, almost every night, and it is rare to encounter anyone during the evening hours of Eastern Time Zone.
Perhaps they are avoiding bandits.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Extra Strength Metamucil
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Perhaps they are avoiding bandits.

LOL, if that were only true…. Need to have traveling merchants or gatherers before you can have bandits.

Too bad Goblin Works had no grasp of the concept of development sequence.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post