Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

WOW game is dead

Tyncale
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
The Eternal Balance
And don't forget - the game is still in Early Enrollment!

Please stop pushing this line, it has no meaning whatsoever.

I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Duffy Swiftshadow
@Bludd

It is 'EE' which is 'early access', which means it is a work in progress missing several major and minor desired features. Or as I like to call it 'It is what it is', your insistence on trying to label it to fit your rhetoric is tiresome and useless bias massaging. We get your view, we really do, you just seem like a zealot now trying to convert anyone you can to your view.

The game today is not what it was six months ago and if there are another six months from now I very much doubt on that day it would be what it is today. Therefore it must be what they said it is, a work in progress.

Whether you like it or not, it is what is and it's worth explaining the state it is in to anyone who inquires. Let individuals decide if that state is good enough or not for themselves, but let's try to avoid muddying the waters by spinning it to fit personal definitions.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
"Works in progress" build from the ground floor, and progress as they work up. Fix the things new players see first. Add the things, new players will want to do. Add the features that they expect to see and use early on, first. Nothing that might be considered "end game", should be getting a moments thought at this time.

Roll a new character on the test server, set aside all that you know about the game, and play. Ask yourself, how would this feel as a completely new player?
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
"Works in progress" build from the ground floor, and progress as they work up. Fix the things new players see first. Add the things, new players will want to do. Add the features that they expect to see and use early on, first. Nothing that might be considered "end game", should be getting a moments thought at this time.

Roll a new character on the test server, set aside all that you know about the game, and play. Ask yourself, how would this feel as a completely new player?
Mistakes were made. Unlike the rest of us, apparently the devs are not perfect.

Maybe some of them weren't as good as they thought they were, or wanted to be. The fact is, the game is not ready for "New Players" and probably should not have been opened-wide to the public. If it had stuck to "Early Enrollment" and not let anyone in that didn't understand that process, it might have run out of money sooner, it might also have avoided some different problems.

Hind-sight is, as they say, often 20-20. Going forward, some of us think it is always worth reminding people that the game is not ready for most players, which is exactly the point made by your complaints. Perhaps the game shouldn't be open to anyone at this point, but it is, that ship has sailed.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Stilachio Thrax
Right now, the key is finding an active settlement that fits your play style and game time. All of the settlements in the North have people logging on each night and doing things.

Sgtcasey
The only time I heard of SWG was through somebody on steam. I checked out SWG yesterday and come to find out it was shutdown for over 3 years lol. It died when the DEVs started implementing useless things and changing combat, etc, when it was already good breaking the game and rendering other features in the game useless causing a dramatic incline in players.

Just a brief correction here. Sony and LucasArts made some incredibly dumb decisions with SWG- the NGE generally being the pinnacle of those. While the NGE significantly hurt subs, the game continued for 5 years after the NGE supposedly killed it. The plug was pulled because LucasArts and Bioware didn't want any competition for SWTOR. Without SWTOR, SWG probably would have kept going.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Decius
The NGE ended the game that SWG was and created a new game of the same name.

And I avoid bandits in the north and northwest just fine.
Edam
Keepers is still growing, especially in the oz/se-asia timezone..

Just saying.
Midnight
I only found 2 people over the entire weekend, and they were in towns.

But one of them was in Keeper's Pass so that does speak well for Keeper's Pass (compared to their and my neighbors).

In PFO, two really is a crowd, right now. smile
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Having the chat tabs flash would help in convincing people there are more players active than what is in your own group.

Even the numbers in Golarion Mumble are dramatically down.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Baron Malthius
Other social tools such as a basic friends list are needed too. There have definitely been multiple occasions where new players and new recruits have asked me specifically about that just to keep in touch (even if they didn't join the AL). It was definitely a turn off for them and it was kind of embarrassing to say each time that this game doesn't have these types of things.

EDIT: There is definitely something to be said for a game feeling alive or dead when you know whether or not your buddies are actually on or not in game.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post