Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

WOW game is dead

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Baron Malthius
Other social tools such as a basic friends list are needed too. There have definitely been multiple occasions where new players and new recruits have asked me specifically about that just to keep in touch (even if they didn't join the AL). It was definitely a turn off for them and it was kind of embarrassing to say each time that this game doesn't have these types of things.

EDIT: There is definitely something to be said for a game feeling alive or dead when you know whether or not your buddies are actually on or not in game.

+1

It escapes me how these little things (but when consolidated in to one theme) were not thought as, not only Minimum Viable Product, but actually essential for the game to be taken seriously in the eyes of the new player.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Thod-Theodum
Midnight
I only found 2 people over the entire weekend, and they were in towns.

But one of them was in Keeper's Pass so that does speak well for Keeper's Pass (compared to their and my neighbors).

In PFO, two really is a crowd, right now. smile

I'm guilty of not logging in for two weeks - RL and a new job just caught up with me. So I was positively surprised to spot a total of 4 players (5 different characters) in Emerald Lodge - not counting my own three char that have been in and out today.

Another surprise was when I went to Paizo yesterday and found a message from earlier this week. I had message a player 2 or 3 month ago that we missed him and inquired about him - only to get a message back this week he heard what had happened and might be back soon (now that his PC works again).

There could be more happening - but dead it isn't yet. Hope it can stabilize and build up from here slowly again.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post