Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Destiny's Twin and Backdating XP

Bob
It recently came to our attention that applying Destiny's Twin to an existing character is often backdating that character's experience to the date that character was created (or last had training turned off, for those cases where players are bouncing their XP between two characters). The intention, and the general implication from the original description of the feature, was that twins would start earning XP alongside their twinned character as soon as they were declared twins. As such, it is quite likely that we will at some point fix things so that newly declared Destiny's Twins don't get backdated, but until that time, we're not considering this an exploit.

However, we are also not guaranteeing that you'll actually get this backdating. It's possible that any number of things that happened to your character since it's creation, or following certain paths while setting up your Destiny's Twin, will block it from getting backdated. All we're promising is that you'll now have two characters earning XP from that point forward, everything else is gravy.

So if this happens to you, go ahead and spend that XP and bask in your glorious luck. If not, you'll still have two characters earning XP going forward, and that ain't bad.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Wait, so we can train a different character than our DT, and not lose the DT perk?? And that new character might get backdated XP to when the DT was created (day one for most)?
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Wait, so we can train a different character than our DT, and not lose the DT perk?? And that new character might get backdated XP to when the DT was created (day one for most)?
No. The bug is about applying a DT invite to an existing non-DT account rather than using it to create a new Twin-pair account.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bob
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
No. The bug is about applying a DT invite to an existing non-DT account rather than using it to create a new Twin-pair account.

Correct. This is only about cases where an account hasn't already set up the Destiny's Twin. If they do so now, the newly designated twin may get backdated XP.
Bob
When I posted about this, we thought we wouldn't be able to get around to fixing it for quite a while. Then it turned out there was a fairly safe, easy server-side fix, and we just made that fix. Newly-created Destiny's Twins will no longer backdate, they'll just start earning XP from the moment their training is turned on.

An important point to keep in mind is that this means when you create a character intending to use them as a Destiny's Twin, you want to log them out right away and then log back in to turn on their training.
Tyncale
To those people that bought Adventurer Rewards from me in the past 3 weeks and could benefit from this: you lucky dawgz! smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post