Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Why only 1 husk for character?

tribuzio
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Since one day people will not be able to thread everything they want to take into combat, and husks will have a chance of containing T2 gear, I think there's a reasonable chance you are not.

1) when we get threads.
2) after the first death all the non threaded items are in the husk. Until you get more items (looting your husk/another guy husk) you have no items that will generate a new husk.

So what you suppose people will be doing to generate all those husks? Stopping to gather from a node every time they die?
Caldeathe Baequiannia
tribuzio
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Since one day people will not be able to thread everything they want to take into combat, and husks will have a chance of containing T2 gear, I think there's a reasonable chance you are not.

1) when we get threads.
2) after the first death all the non threaded items are in the husk. Until you get more items (looting your husk/another guy husk) you have no items that will generate a new husk.

So what you suppose people will be doing to generate all those husks? Stopping to gather from a node every time they die?
1) I always try to keep in mind the final, intended state of the system, rather than suggesting more and more temporary mechanisms to deal with their lack which will have to be tracked and reverted at the appropriate time.

2) I think that if I kill someone, or see someone killed, who had pretty decent gear, I might well take a few seconds to see if any of it was left behind. People returning to the field with missing equipment may very well stop at the husk of known opposition to see if there's anything they can use. Gatherers nearby may choose to join the fray by using "borrowed" equipment. At least one person (KK) publicly declared an intent to be a battlefield corpse looter, rummaging for whatever might fall into his hands from the recently deceased before they can return. I imagine that in a large, prolonged, battle it will be very possible for goods and gear to change hands several times before the end, with no guarantee of any given husk being picked clean. If the combat happens to be over T3 resources, it might, indeed, involve a number of harvesters deciding their previous corpse only had a few things and is too high risk, so simply moving on.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post