Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

[RP] Absolved Criminal known as Bringslite

Duffy Swiftshadow
[The following letter appears on the Keep door in Ozem's Vigil]

"There has been a confession and confirmation that Bringslite, known from here on out as the 'criminal', has been illegally mining and degrading a source of Iron in a League claimed hex that is currently closed to the public. The criminal is guilty of two infractions against the League charter and is hereby sentenced to death for his crimes. The criminal is to arrange and present himself to Hope's End's execution squad at the Fane of Asmodeus.

May Pharasma have mercy on his soul.

Should the criminal fail to arrange or appear for his execution the terms of the criminal's punishment will be revised and expanded.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter of justice."
Nihimon
Duffy Swiftshadow
The criminal is to arrange and present himself to Hope's End's execution squad at the Fane of Asmodeus.

There's something strangely compelling about this…
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Hobson Fiffledown
[The following note arrives by carrier nene in Hope's End the following morning]

"Sirs or Madames as the case may be,

Please be aware that a fee will be levied upon any contracts fulfilled within the area of the Mosswater and Valley Highway crossroads.

Cheers,

Hobson, God-King of Biscuits"
This space for rent.
Elusive Master of the Rogue See
The Untouchable Master of the See of Ossian's Crossing has taken note the league's efforts to protect His lands, but has asked me, in a spirit of friendship with the Northern visitor, to offer good Bringslite a dispensation for his crimes for the paltry price of three nuggets of True Adamantine, thus ensuring the safety of the young gatherer's immortal soul.
Bringslite
Degradation? Please explain that.

Closed hex? Please explain that also. I was not aware of any closed hexes.

As far as RP, Bringslite has not been anywhere near the League's lands in many RL moons. He will present himself as requested, however, simply because he respects the League.

Just name a time (PST) and I will be there.

As this is a public statement made against a publically known hitherto "friendly" settlement leader, please know that any false conviction and/or false persecution will not end well for The Aeonian League.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Duffy Swiftshadow
Bringslite

As far as RP, Bringslite has not been anywhere near the League's lands in many RL moons. He will present himself as requested, however, simply because he respects the League.

As this is a public statement made against a publically known hitherto "friendly" settlement leader, please know that any false conviction and/or false persecution will not end well for The Aeonian League.

The deciding piece of evidence can originally be found here and the relevant excerpt reads thus:

Bringslite
I did just pull 100+ iron from a hex 1 away from Canis. It took about an hour, maybe less (I am at work and get distracted by TRW). Not sure that your area can support your needs, but there are lots of metals down around you.

Upon this revelation an agent was immediately dispatched to check the resource levels in the surrounding area and reported back degradation! A direct violation of the League's Stewardship doctrine had most certainly occurred and the culprit had declared their actions! After much debate a course of action and punishment was decided upon and is now being delivered.

Do you deny your quoted statement?

[[For future and more serious references any League announcements including the state of resources and escalations can be found in this thread, along with links to the relevant claim map and charter]]
Bringslite
Official Reply to the Above Charges

1. Trespass Harvesting: There has been no confession of harvesting from a closed hex. As demonstrated by the excerpt from the Aeonian League Charter below.

From the Aeonian League Charter
3. Doctrine of Stewardship.
•Conservation: Do not over harvest League claimed hexes, if you gather reduced quality materials immediately stop gathering that type of node in that hex. If a League representative requests that you stop harvesting, please comply as such a request indicates our resource demands are too high to allow casual harvesting at that time.

There has been (and is) a willing admission that a character controlled by Bringslite has harvested widely throughout the SW. Closer examination of the page that offers the link to your charter shows Harvesting as closed (in contradiction to the charter). Was that (Closed notice) always there or was it adjusted since it's original posting?

If that "closed" notice from this page has NOT been altered since it's first publication, then Bringslite willingly admits to violating an Aeonian policy. Though it was missed in all honesty and confused by your charter, there was gathering done by a character (in his control) and that cannot be truthfully denied.

2. Accusation of Strip mining ANY hexes within the Aeonian League: Absolutely contested. Unless gathering until the first layer of a hex's resources is depleted and then ceasing and leaving counts, your accusation is a false one. According to your charter, it does not hold water as a "crime".

3. The "place" of your proposed meeting: A Fane is usually defined as a "temple" or place of worship. The extra planar being commonly known as Asmodeus is not recognized as a true God by the accused or even any True Religions. Bringslite will stand and answer your accusations at the shrine and under the view of a true God. That will be The Shrine of Iomedae The Inheritor, Light of the Sword, Lady of Valor.

From Bringslite:
I have traveled there prior to this rebuttal and await your convenience. I require that you bring a 3rd neutral party and that the facts be laid out and discussed. If The Aeonian League and the 3rd party agree, I will stand ready for Aeonian Justice. Let it be shown publically what that is.

If you wish to dismiss any/both of these charges, do so in this thread with an apology. If I am denied (at this meeting)opportunity for rebuttal to your accusations and (instead) subject to action without trial. This will be considered a very unfriendly act by the Aeonian League toward a member of a Friendly settlement. In short: unjustified murder.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Duffy Swiftshadow
Bringslite

The deciding piece of evidence can originally be found here and the relevant excerpt reads thus:

Bringslite
I did just pull 100+ iron from a hex 1 away from Canis. It took about an hour, maybe less (I am at work and get distracted by TRW). Not sure that your area can support your needs, but there are lots of metals down around you.

Upon this revelation an agent was immediately dispatched to check the resource levels in the surrounding area and reported back degradation! A direct violation of the League's Stewardship doctrine had most certainly occurred and the culprit had declared their actions! After much debate a course of action and punishment was decided upon and is now being delivered.

Do you deny your quoted statement?

[[For future and more serious references any League announcements including the state of resources and escalations can be found in this thread, along with links to the relevant claim map and charter]]

I do not deny that statement. I will ask what hex was checked. I will further clarify that 1/2 of that iron ore was in the character's possesion from the previous evening, but will admit it was all gathered in the same hex.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Furthermore, your buy orders (which I was filling) were not offered for anything less than true iron. Why would I gather anything less than true down there when there is abundant iron very near Ozem's Vigil?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I think you're out of luck on this one, Duffy. Unless you can show that:

1) the accused made his post immediately after harvesting and
2) that the test-sampling of the hex was done before anyone else could have harvested a further grade (which probably takes less than 30 minutes)

you'll have a hard time making a clear case that there is no reasonable doubt as to responsibility.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post