Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

[RP] Absolved Criminal known as Bringslite

Bringslite
Duffy Swiftshadow
We will withdraw the strip mining accusation as we cannot confirm the accused's involvement.

The charge of gathering in restricted lands stands and we will accept a best of the three duel under the previously stated conditions.

[There has been no League & TEO merger and thus no borders have changed in such a manner.]

Well, you have met at least one of my conditions to carry this to closure. I will reciprocate.

If the res shrine is back down in the lowlands, I am afraid that one duel will have to serve for now.

The guilty party awaits to pay for the admitted crimes.

Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Duffy Swiftshadow
Justice has been met at the hands of Dreggo, Champion for Halo of Flies.

Pharasma has deigned that the accused shall rise once more upon the journey of suffering that is life in the River Kingdoms. This matter is considered settled and the record expunged.
Aglos
Huzzah for the Champion!
Bringslite
<A completely verbal RP message arrives at the center of Cannis Castrum and is bellowed loudly by the angry looking Human in Dwarven Banded armor sent to deliver it.>

So let's get this clear. The gatherer Flari did duel (lol smile ) with Dreggo for the crime of harvesting iron from scavenger nodes in Cannis Castrum 2 Or the hex directly NE of Cannis.

That means that gathering in any hexes within the League's claimed territory is off limits? The size of that boundary will make filing your buy orders, for at least iron, worth less than the hassle of moving the iron to Cannis. I would like to suggest that you move your buy orders to a settlement more convenient to sources of iron.

As to the size of your claimed territory, I will not cast shadow. That is what it is until someone decides that it is ridiculous for you to encompass so many T3 rich hexes with so small a participating player base.

As for rubbing Bringslite's name through the muck (you call evidence) on the floor of your Council Chambers, not worth further concern except to state: An apology/retraction was asked for a cpl times, and a "charge dropped for lack of evidence" is a pretty crappy alternative.

I have informed all members of Ozem's of your policy change. If I didn't notice it, I seriously doubt that they did. Ozem's does not hamper free will among it's willing membership. They know the laws there more well now and understand them. What they do is up to them. I suggest that you patrol your claimed territory more diligently. Lots of players are gathering there.

<The Human does a quick double check to empty any vaults of his or Ozem's and leaves, in no particular hurry.>
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Aglos
<casts silence on the bitter & offensive human>

Various snippets heard from the people passing through Canis Castrum's town square at the time:

"Did he actually use the word *crappy*? How droll."

"Does this mean we can kill the thieving gatherers now?"

"So paladins really do have a stick…"
Bringslite
Aglos

Various snippets heard from the people passing through Canis Castrum's town square at the time:

I think what we have here is a problem with using an RP format to make a stupid move accusing someone of doing very unpopular things. Someone that had previously been a positive and friendly person toward the accusers.

Your anger toward whomever is strip mining your T3 hexes is justified. It might however be a point of interest to you to know that it is happening all over. Also to know that the "activity" that you seized upon did not occur in a T3 resource hex nor was the actual hex strip mined. Another fine point for your genius investigators, a strip miner would not reveal himself via forum postings. Not unless he/she is of an equal intelligence level as your master detectives.

The only positive thing that came of this is that now, hopefully, the server is aware that you do not want non League players harvesting in your claimed territory. <– A policy that you posted (it looks uncontestable) but that somehow a great many people missed.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Hobson Fiffledown
OOC - (since it was posted as a RP thread)

Two positive things.

Breaking a gate in 30 minutes to get R5 attacks so I could go down and stab people, casing the whole joint, researching targets, logging their play time and locations, and wandering the HE area for targets was the most fun I've had here in a while. OK, fine, after a day and a half, I only saw four people. Two of which were AFK..but I jumped on their heads and took screenshots. The other two, while quite possibly alts, weren't on my list. With a proper population, I could have stayed for days teaching lessons in professional courtesy.

It was short lived and uneventful, but it was fun while it lasted.
This space for rent.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Bringslite
Aglos

I think what we have here is a problem with using an RP format to make a stupid move accusing someone of doing very unpopular things. Someone that had previously been a positive and friendly person toward the accusers.

Your anger toward whomever is strip mining your T3 hexes is justified. It might however be a point of interest to you to know that it is happening all over. Also to know that the "activity" that you seized upon did not occur in a T3 resource hex nor was the actual hex strip mined. Another fine point for your genius investigators, a strip miner would not reveal himself via forum postings. Not unless he/she is of an equal intelligence level as your master detectives.

The only positive thing that came of this is that now, hopefully, the server is aware that you do not want non League players harvesting in your claimed territory. <– A policy that you posted (it looks uncontestable) but that somehow a great many people missed.

Of course not, but we are lawful and the law is the law hence the RP bent and the 'punishment' picked. If we wanted to declare war or something and start burning down holdings in some attempt at showing dominance that would be an over reaction. The problem is catching anyone breaking out 'laws' is very difficult so for now we have a blanket policy as we have no way to verify anything. There is someone out there ruining it for everyone, which is unfortunate but since no one can seem to catch them we have to assume it could be anyone.

As to being aware of each groups policies unfortunately there aren't many avenues available so we use the best we could with a regularly updated news thread.
Bringslite
Be that as it may. I hope that you do not go around accusing anymore friendly persons without some solid evidence. All you have really done here is sour probably one person's outlook toward the League. Not a big deal, only one person, but not necessary.

The League could be accused of slander over this, but I would just prefer to chalk it up as a learning experience about how the League operates and ignore you from now forward.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Abierzen
Bringslite
Be that as it may. I hope that you do not go around accusing anymore friendly persons without some solid evidence. All you have really done here is sour probably one person's outlook toward the League. Not a big deal, only one person, but not necessary.

The League could be accused of slander over this, but I would just prefer to chalk it up as a learning experience about how the League operates and ignore you from now forward.

Actually the charge would be lible as the original official accusation was published in a printed and posted noticed. Also, news of this accusation has been blasted over official communication lines, which are further forms of publication (just like TV would be considered as published and falls under lible laws).

Furthermore, lible and slander requires the burden of proof fall on the accused as the victim has already been defamed publicly. If the accused can not prove that their published or stated statements were actual truths of the victim than the accused is automatically guilty (lible is actually easier to show defamation as the statements were published… The only real issue added to slander is proving that slanderous statements were actually made and defamed the victim in the views of the public but once that has been established than the burden of proof then falls, once again, falls on the accused slanderer).

As Ozem's Vigil and the League are both lawful settlements / empires, there is already a view of the League defaming the leader of another lawful settlement and trial should immediately commence for reparations by the League. Also, even though there was admission of gathering at all (and the dropping of charges of strip mining) it is further stated that I doubt that there are rules governing a trial by combat where death would come to be an actual published mandatory sentence for merely violation of law of gathering. I would think any lawful settlement, if it had published sentences for such a crime, would seek reparations for such crime. Therefore, the League should be charged for harboring an unlawful sentence of death for a charge not serious enough to warrant death. The League furthermore should be charged (and tried) for voluntary manslauter and attempted murder (as both acts did happen 1) the League did in fact kill someone even though he did get automatically resurrected at a shrine).

Furthermore, since Duffy, himself, decided to call for the trial of combat that eventually resulted in the death of an official representative of a Head of State then Duffy himself should be tried for War Crimes as the death of a Head of State (or his duly named representative) would then be viewed by lawful nations as assassination and an act of war. As the League declares itself as a lawful nation than Duffy should be immediately indicted by the Court of Law of Ozem's Vigil and be extradited for War Crimes Trials.
After living the life as a U.S. government face of the public I have learned very well that the only way most people will really take notice is if you Speakly Loudly AND Carry an even bigger Stick (or Dagger or Greatclub or the Grandest Greatsword any dwarf would die and live out all of their greatest fantasies with).

MC1 Donald P. Rule, USN(FR)
Sheila Silverwind, Commander Excelsior (Free Highlanders)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post