Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Settlement Kits for EE11

Bob
I'm getting things set up so that I can distribute all the settlement kits for EE11. Each settlement will get to choose 8 small structure kits, 3 medium structure kits, and 2 large structure kits. All settlements will automatically come with a Keep and a Bank.

For now, I will only be distributing the +0 versions of these kits. When upgrading of structures is ready to go live, I'll distribute the +1 versions for all the previous choices (plus the Keep), along with any +2 kits each settlement gets to choose based on War of Towers participation.

Please send your list of choices, along with the name of the representative who will be receiving the kits, to customer.support@goblinworks.com. I will begin distributing the kits as soon as EE11 goes live.

Edited: The original plan was to restrict everyone to kits based on each settlement's current template. After much discussion below, we switched to the new plan detailed above.

Edited Again: Turns out that any kits I hand out prior to EE11 wouldn't be as inactive as I thought. To prevent any accidental usage, we'll wait until EE11 goes live and the kits are all properly set up before distributing these.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
That's the last commitment I'm interested in letting you all break. I and my nine subscriptions are out. Good luck, everybody.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Drogon
Just curious Cal what commitment you are referring to? All I see here is Bob planning to hand out kits? Am I missing something?
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Hobson Fiffledown
I don't play the settlement game, but I think the original kit distribution idea would have given owners a wider range of options to create the town they want, not upkeep the same old abandoned towns and grind for kit drops.

Just a shot in the dark, though.
This space for rent.
Seith of Coedwig
Cal was informed that our choice has been removed.

We specifically asked before going to the work to capture a settlement, whether we'd be able to select a new template and we were told that we could, but not until the new settlement kits were being distributed. They have decided not to do that because it isn't fair to the older settlements who only got to pick whatever they wanted because they had to have at least (7? 8?) people vote for them instead of only having to accumulate in excess of 1200 influence and put down six holdings and twelve outposts.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
It seems to create the possibility of trading kits though.

Honestly, I think that we should be given a certain number of slots and allowed to select from the full menu of structures to place what we want. That way settlemenrs are more likely to be differntiated, but may have more common choices as well.

With so few people actually playing, what the heck is the point in making anything difficult?

On that subject, I think the loot tables and escalation possibilities need to be modified. Perhaps tier 2 drops will begin to drop at looting skills of 12+ even from elite T1 mobs.

Maybe all escalation hexes should have a better chance of being T2 or T3. The three escalatiin zones near Aragon for example have only had 1 T2 escalation in 10 months and we have cleared them almost daily. Just ONCE in 10 months! That does not seem to be within the realm of probability, unless there is a refusal of some to complete their escalations for the purpose of farming. That would suggest using the system in an unintended way, and an escalation should change every few days regardless if it were defeated or not.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Bringslite
I will take a shot at describing what may be bothering or disappointing Cal. Do plz keep in mind that this is an assumption based from previous discussions and readings. I do not speak for Cal in any authorized way. It might help GW if they see what I think the problem is here:

1. We were told that we would receive a kit that matches every building that we currently have.

2. We were told that we might be able to get different kits for those abandoned settlements that we claimed. Kits based off of an alternative floor plan. I.E. I take an abandoned craft settlement but I want the kits for a rogue/wizard settlement. This was NEVER guaranteed.

3. Finally, the last word (until now, AFAIK): read below and I am not sure if Bob even knew of this?:
Lee Hammock wrote:

After much discussion we've decided to revise the structure kits everyone will get when end the current system of the settlement templates goes away. The original plan was everyone will get a +0 and +1 kit for everything in their settlement now; the new plan is that everyone will get +0 and +1 kits for everything on the lists below. This new plan means that every settlement gets the same number of buildings for each size and everyone can support the functions they had under the settlement template system, though this does mean some settlements now have more functionality than they did previously. The plan for a limited number (0-3) of +2 kits based on participation in the War of Towers has not changed.

Cleric/Fighter Town
Small •Apothecary
•Arcanist’s Workshop
•Geologist
•Iconographer
•Jewelers
•Sawmill
•Smeltmill
•Tannery
Medium •Cooperative
•Lab
•Smith
Large •Cathedral
•Garrison
•Keep

Cleric/Rogue Town
Small •Apothecary
•Geologist
•Iconographer
•Jeweler
•Leatherworker
•Sawmill
•Smeltmill
•Tannery
Medium •Dreadnaught School
•Lab
•Smith
Large •Cathedral
•Guild House
•Keep

Crafting Town
Small •Apothecary
•Arcanist’s Workshop
•Geologist
•Jeweler
•Sawmill
•Smeltmill
•Tailor
•Tannery
Medium •Lab
•Smith
•Spellwright
Large •Auction House
•Guild House
•Keep

Fighter/Wizard Town
Small •Apothecary
•Arcanist’s Workshop
•Artificer’s Workshop
•Geologist
•Loom
•Sawmill
•Smeltmill
•Woodshop
Medium •Boutique
•Lab
•Smith
Large •Garrison
•Keep
•University

Rogue/Fighter Town
Small •Apothecary
•Arcanist's Workshop
•Geologist
•Jeweler
•Loom
•Sawmill
•Smeltmill
•Tannery
Medium •Cooperative
•Lab
•Smith
Large •Garrison
•Guild House
•Keep

Wizard/Cleric Town
Small •Apothecary
•Arcanist’s Workshop
•Artificer’s Workshop
•Iconographer
•Institute of Technology
•Loom
•Sawmill
•Smeltmill
Medium •Boutique
•Dreadnaught School
•Smith
Large •Keep
•Cathedral
•University

Wizard/Rogue Town
Small •Apothecary
•Arcanist’s Workshop
•Artificer’s Workshop
•Geologist
•Loom
•Sawmill
•Smeltmill
•Tannery
Medium •Boutique
•Cooperative
•Lab
Large •Guild House
•Keep
•University
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Had a posted reply here for a second, but just deleted it based on possible new information. My impression was that the offer to give a choice of settlement kits was made after the settlements were claimed. If it was made beforehand, then we'll have to reconsider. I'll look into this further.
Seith of Coedwig
Bringslite
We were told that we might be able to get different kits for those abandoned settlements that we claimed. Kits based off of an alternative floor plan. I.E. I take an abandoned craft settlement but I want the kits for a rogue/wizard settlement. This was NEVER guaranteed.
Only true in the sense that the word guarantee was never used.
Lee Hammock by email
we plan to leave the settlement in its current template until the new settlement system comes online with EE11, at which point all settlements will be wiped out and will be rebuilt using settlement structure kits. You will receive settlement structure kits according to the template of your choice when that happens, so please notify us of that choice.
Bringslite
Now to follow this up, what GW has decided to do does throw a monkey wrench into some of the long range planning of some of the groups playing. I don't really think that monkey wrenches can be avoided. Not at present. The best thing to do is to strategize your future in a more fluid way.

Things change in a game in this stage of development. Sometimes those changes work out VERY well for people and sometimes they don't. Case in point: The recalculation of Influence to fix some initial bugs. I know that worked out exceedingly well for at least a couple of player groups.

Sometimes changes damage rigid planning rather than give fluke rewards. We are all in the same boat with the same chances of changes going good, crappy, or negligent.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post