Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Settlement Kits for EE11

Bob
Bringslite
Sent our list to you Bob. I did not include our picks for +2 kits. If you want that now, as well, please just let us know. smile

Thanks for sending that in. There's no need to send in the +2 requests at this time, I'll let you all make those choices when the time comes.

Edited: Turns out that any kits I hand out prior to EE11 wouldn't be as inactive as I thought. To prevent any accidental usage, we'll wait until EE11 goes live and the kits are all properly set up before distributing these.
Giorgio
Bob,
Can you edit your first post in this thread with the new information on how this will work now, as it is, your need to read over 5 pages to understand what is going on…
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Azure_Zero
Giorgio
Bob,
Can you edit your first post in this thread with the new information on how this will work now, as it is, your need to read over 5 pages to understand what is going on…

Include the "Edited:" tag with what was changed
Bob
Azure_Zero
Giorgio
Bob,

Include the "Edited:" tag with what was changed

Done.
Bob
Takasi
Thanks Bob, items like targeting dummies, staff uniforms, etc are finished goods that we'll need to know the recipe list to plan what we can make.. As Midnight pointed out the codexes may be difficult. What are they? A collection of recipes and if so which ones? There was talk months ago of new tech needed to encompass multiple types of ingredients into one category. For example, we could replace any steel weapon for any prerequisite of 'steel longsword'. Is this still the case, or are the components we're seeing the final ones?

The crafting/refining codexes will be made from recipes matching their feats (10 apothecary recipes can be turned into 1 apothecary codex), while the role-based codexes will be made from expendables (10 trophy charm maneuvers can be turned into 1 fighter codex).

The tech for allowing multiple types of ingredients will be used here so that any recipe of the appropriate type will work. Later, we might reuse that for other things, but the recipes you see should be what we're going with for now.
Takasi
Do the levels of the ingredients provide any benefit? For example is a level 8 apothecary recipe equal in value to a level 1?
Bob
Takasi
Do the levels of the ingredients provide any benefit? For example is a level 8 apothecary recipe equal in value to a level 1?

All recipes count the same, so you'll want to use whichever ones you can obtain most easily and/or cheaply, or have the biggest stockpile of.
Bob
Also, FYI, you generally have to craft a codex from 10 recipes/expendables, then refine a codex collection from a variable number of codices (gotta love English for its creative pluralization). So, for example, you'd craft smelter recipes into smelter codices, then refine those codices (plus some other stuff) into smelter codex collections, which you'd then use to craft a smeltmill structure kit.

For the library structure kit, you'll need what's called a reference collection. That's made largely from reference books, and any codex counts as a reference book. Essentially, a reference collection is just another codex collection, except it can be made from a variety of codex types, instead of requiring that all the codices are of the same type.
Bob
Forgot to mention, I did manage to update the crafting recipes on the public spreadsheet to include the bulk of the items that need to be crafted in order to then craft structure kits, such as decorative censers and builder's blessings. I haven't put up the codex recipes, probably need to crate a whole new sheet and process for that, but they're extremely simple: 10 recipes/expendables of the appropriate kind, and all require rank 5 in the most closely associated crafting skill (for example, armorsmiths can make armorsmith and fighter codices).
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Will we be able to use the assorted songs, psalms, writings, texts and insane meanderings to make codices for the libraries?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post