Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Settlement Kits for EE11

Bringslite
Seith of Coedwig
Bringslite
We were told that we might be able to get different kits for those abandoned settlements that we claimed. Kits based off of an alternative floor plan. I.E. I take an abandoned craft settlement but I want the kits for a rogue/wizard settlement. This was NEVER guaranteed.
Only true in the sense that the word guarantee was never used.
Lee Hammock by email
we plan to leave the settlement in its current template until the new settlement system comes online with EE11, at which point all settlements will be wiped out and will be rebuilt using settlement structure kits. You will receive settlement structure kits according to the template of your choice when that happens, so please notify us of that choice.

Ahh, see I did not ever see that email.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Drogon
Bob
Had a posted reply here for a second, but just deleted it based on possible new information. My impression was that the offer to give a choice of settlement kits was made after the settlements were claimed. If it was made beforehand, then we'll have to reconsider. I'll look into this further.
I believe it was prior…any way to check the time stamp on lees post?
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
@ Bob,

Why can't we just get a uncategorized (except for plot size) menu of structures?

Maybe even let us combine plots in various ways, to add even greater diversity. Ie. 2 x smalls = medium; 3x smalls = large; Medium + Small = Large.

With this system, a settlement would still be prevented from doing all things.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Seith of Coedwig
The quote wasn't a post, it was an email sent to people after we captured settlements. It came after an email requesting clarification of when we'd be able to select a new template, which was generated after a previous conversation.
Bob
So, it's become clear that some decisions to claim a settlement were made based on implications that we'd be letting those settlements pick a template later. Along with that, there was some precedent for letting some other settlements switch templates when they switched owners.

Had we realized this offer had even been implied before all the work was done to claim these settlements, the conversation would likely have gone very differently. Fortunately, nothing has been done at this point that blocks us from reconsidering this decision and changing the way things get handed out.

I'm still concerned that any decision to make this choice more or less flexible for any or all settlements will be justifiably disappointing to a considerable segment of the settlements. However, now that this conversation is out there, I'd like to hear more opinions about what seems fairest to everyone.

I also recognize that some discussion of this topic might involve mention of settlement strategies or opinions you'd rather not discuss on the forums. If you'd rather discuss your opinion with me privately, please contact me at customer.support@goblinworks.com.
Bob
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
@ Bob,

Why can't we just get a uncategorized (except for plot size) menu of structures?

Maybe even let us combine plots in various ways, to add even greater diversity. Ie. 2 x smalls = medium; 3x smalls = large; Medium + Small = Large.

With this system, a settlement would still be prevented from doing all things.

With me handing out all the kits manually, providing a full choice of kits would slow the process down quite a bit. We'd also hoped to have settlements do at least some trading between each other. All that said, it's worth considering. There may also be some ways to provide a smaller number of choices on top of a core set of kits.
Hobson Fiffledown
I don't really see what's wrong with a slow process as far as handing out kits is concerned. Is there another huge update scheduled the week after EE11 that takes time priority? Do we really need to gate settlements with the plans of m.i.a. players from months and months ago (some of whom never even bothered to show up)? Don't we have enough gates to content right now? If anything, I think GW needs to give a little love to the couple of dozen people who have stuck through the recent crapstorm and who are still playing the settlement game.

Just my $.02

Edit: The only argument against, that I'm hearing, is that it will take more time and a few people won't be too happy. When has that stopped us before? smile
This space for rent.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
@ Bob,

I appreciate the consideration. One thing that might make it easier for the habd out is for a settlement leader to provide you with the:

Time
Place
List of structures

several days ahead of time.

That way you just teleport in with exactly what they requested. Think of the Seinfeld episode "The Soup Nazi", if they try to change the order when you're standing in front of them…. "No Soup For You!!!"
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Bob
Being organized about things would definitely make the whole process easier to manage, and there's a way I could set things up for EE11 to make it a little easier to put each set of kits together. It would still mean a lot more manual work putting each set together, and would increase the odds that some settlements might not get their kits right away, possibly even taking a few days to get everything sorted out. Just something to keep in mind.
Bringslite
How about someone (settlement leadership) chiming in on why they feel alternative kit choices are unfair or a game damager?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post