Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Settlement Kits for EE11

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Quijenoth Starkiller
Highlighting the first reply to this thread I think I hit the mark. Caldeathes post reeked of rage quitting drama in the hopes the devs cave in.
That was, in fact, rage-inducing. Because after Ryan announced there would be a blog about taking over settlements in June, we had asked the specific question of him and Lee more than a dozen times before we finally got an answer that "yes" we'd be able to pick another settlement template, so we spent good-will and time and influence taking holdings and had to make concessions that cost me resources in game. And then, afterwards came a new decision that it wasn't fair to the older settlements, so we'd just have to make do with what was there. I had no expectation of returning to the game when I wrote it. Had that position not changed, I would not be here. I'm sorry you were offended by my anger and don't feel I was right to experience it.

Edit: Altogether, (and all of the more esoteric stuff aside) taking that settlement cost the tearing down of 5 holdings and 10 outposts with the accompanying loss of influence and materials plus the contents of at least two (identified) personal vaults at one or more sites. (re-edit: 7 holdings and 14 outposts, because I forgot two others we had to abandon in order to have sufficient influence)
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bob
Takasi
Eventually we will need +2s when the system for individual management of DI and resources is released post EE11, but I was under the impression that we'd still be using the current system of setting max level using the same resource requirements of today irregardless of building level. Bob can you confirm?

Correct. With EE11, you'll be able to place the +0 structures, but you won't be able to upgrade them yet. Until that system goes in (and possibly even for a little while past that), you'll continue to set your Settlement Level just as you do now.
Bob
Quijenoth Starkiller
Bob - to alleviate the stress of time simply hand out basic +0 buildings according to the locations current templates - let them wait for the higher plus ones when you have time to dish them out.

Oddly, due to a fluke of the way I put things into my inventory, it's a pretty trivial amount of additional work to hand out the +1 kits at the same time as the +0 kits, so it's best to do them at the same time. If it was a lot of work, I'd definitely put it off since they won't be useful for upgrading yet.
Bob
Decius
Do the structure kit items currently exist, just without the functionality required to do anything with them? If so, then distribution need not be delayed until EE11.

The kits do already exist, so I might be able to get a headstart on distributing them. The treasure boxes that would make it easier for me to deliver the template-based sets of kits wouldn't be in until EE11, but that's less relevant if you all just get to choose your own kits. However, I can only do the distribution when I don't happen to have other work that needs doing on EE11, and there's still quite a bit to do.
Duffy Swiftshadow
I think we're at the point where if you just let us know what the final distribution system is gonna be as soon as you guys make a decision we'll get you our answers ASAP.
Bob
Takasi
Another question is what will the facility ratings be on the post EE11 crafting stations? Today there is a difference between crafting vs non crafting vs NPC right? Ratings are very important for crafting times and the chance for crits.

For the moment, the facility rating in these new structures should work exactly as it does in your current structures. When the upgrading system is fully implemented, I believe the facility rating will be based on the plus value of the structure.
Takasi
The current structures vary based on the current settlement types. So NPC settlements will still be 50 facility rating, crafting settlements (pre EE11) will be 200 and adventure settlements will be 100 no matter what kits are chosen? I just want to clarify and make everyone aware. It's important to remember if settlements are planning changes to their existing offerings.
Bob
The general sentiment seems to be in favor of letting settlements choose their kits relatively freely, and I'm more than willing to put in the work to make that happen, so let's go for it. To keep it simple, each settlement will get to choose 8 small structure kits, 3 medium structure kits, and 2 large structure kits. All settlements will get Keep structure kits as a 3rd large kit. For each structure chosen (including the Keep), the settlement will get a +0 and a +1 kit. I'll also try to distribute the +2 kits from the War of Towers at the same, but need to discuss that briefly with Lisa to make certain I understand who's supposed to get what.

I looked into the possibility of distributing these using something similar to the premium packs, but I think the easiest and lowest-risk method is still for me to put together the sets of kits manually. On the positive side, that means I can actually get a headstart handing these kits out before EE11, but I'll wait until at least Wednesday to start doing so to let you all try to poke holes in this plan. There's no rush to get these distributed, so you can wait right up until EE11 to decide what you want, or even wait a bit past that if you're still undecided. I'm not sure exactly when EE11 will go live, but it will certainly be later than Wednesday. Beyond that, we're trying to get it out there as soon as we can, and we'll provide as much warning as possible before it's ready to go.
Bob
Takasi
The current structures vary based on the current settlement types. So NPC settlements will still be 50 facility rating, crafting settlements (pre EE11) will be 200 and adventure settlements will be 100 no matter what kits are chosen? I just want to clarify and make everyone aware. It's important to remember if settlements are planning changes to their existing offerings.

Okay, that's more complicated than I was aware of, and doesn't sound appropriate once you're hand placing buildings. I'll look into that further.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Where should we send our picks?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post