Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Settlement Kits for EE11

Duffy Swiftshadow
As part of that plan they were also supposed to give us a large pile of resources based on our WoT performance to bootstrap that process. You can build T2+ in NPC towns just fine, you just can't learn it there. Not to mention it's a lot slower.

Forcing us to grind the RNG some more and build the settlements back up literally over months while we retain our T2-T3 abilities that no new players or even those with banked XP can get until we do finish building these settlements back up is probably the absolute worse way to 'create content'. Especially when for most folks it's just doing the same exact stuff they are already burning out on doing everyday. Goals are good motivation, but only to a point before it's same old, same old.

Add, don't take away.
Takasi
Edit: Nevermind.
Bob
I'd like to make a slight change to the plan, just to make things a little safer. Since the +1 and +2 kits are really meant for upgrading buildings, and since you won't be able to upgrade things yet in EE11, I'd like to hold off on distributing those and just hand out the +0 kits for now. That will make it a little easier for us to verify that all the proper kits are being handed off during each trade (shorter lists to check) and will prevent anyone from accidentally using a +1 or +2 kit before upgrading is possible.

This will mean making a separate pass in the future to hand out the rest of the kits, but better safe than sorry for something this important.

If anyone can see a problem with this, let me know.
Giorgio
Bob,

Works for me.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Bunibuni
Sounds like a good way to go
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
Takasi
Bob I didn't want this to get lost or overlooked; we will want this before making selections:

"Bob, now that you're asking us for selections are the recipes finalized? Can we see the components needed to craft the kits ourselves? Our decision to select kits will be influenced by what we can craft. Are all of the components made from common recipes, or is it possible we won't be able to finish kits without obtaining some uncommon recipes for components like uniforms, codexes, etc?"
Midnight
I stopped reading at page 5, but to throw in my 2 cents (if it hasn't been said yet), I suggest giving priority to the folks who are willing to settle for the fewest changes. If people want the default, try to hand those out first so that other people's changes don't slow down settlements that are happy to take what you pre-planned for them. It'd be silly if customization kept someone from getting their default layout for days at a time.

I share a lot of Cheatle's earlier opinions on wishing we could pioneer it more, but I'm guessing that we'll find plenty of challenges in upgrading buildings.

Those codex recipes could be quite a challenge with the current population.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Bob
Takasi
Bob I didn't want this to get lost or overlooked; we will want this before making selections:

"Bob, now that you're asking us for selections are the recipes finalized? Can we see the components needed to craft the kits ourselves? Our decision to select kits will be influenced by what we can craft. Are all of the components made from common recipes, or is it possible we won't be able to finish kits without obtaining some uncommon recipes for components like uniforms, codexes, etc?"

It looks like the recipes for the structure kits themselves are already in the public spreadsheet. They're on a separate tab.

However, the recipes for some of the crafted components don't seem to be up there yet. I'll see what I can do about that. I did check a sampling of those recipes and they appeared to be common recipes that you get automatically. Can't guarantee they all are, but I'll also try to find that out.
Takasi
Thanks Bob, items like targeting dummies, staff uniforms, etc are finished goods that we'll need to know the recipe list to plan what we can make.. As Midnight pointed out the codexes may be difficult. What are they? A collection of recipes and if so which ones? There was talk months ago of new tech needed to encompass multiple types of ingredients into one category. For example, we could replace any steel weapon for any prerequisite of 'steel longsword'. Is this still the case, or are the components we're seeing the final ones?
Bringslite
Sent our list to you Bob. I did not include our picks for +2 kits. If you want that now, as well, please just let us know. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post