Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Frame of reference

Bringslite
Baron Malthius
Ok, perhaps there was some communication error.

Well, I think what we've gotten here is, IMO, more or less like that, except in a somewhat roundabout way. I still don't get what about this current implementation does not in essence accomplish the same goal. We seem to be able now to choose kits individually and will in the end still create the custom settlement we want to make. I just don't get it. Both implementations essentially are doing the same thing, it is just two different ways of accomplishing it. The promise hasn't been broken, just implemented in a somewhat different manner.

Is it better? Well, that's a matter of opinion, but I personally think it is. Either way, like I said earlier, this way may turn out to be SUPERIOR to whatever impression HRC had, so it is far too early to jump to conclusions.

Also, I am curious as to what other groups who have taken over settlements feel about this. I know HRC is not the only one.

I haven't seen anything to indicate that the HRC is not happy with what is happening now. It is what they wanted, actually better, and it is universal now.

You seem to have the impression that the HRC or Cal is still not satisfied. Why is that? This thread is about WHY Cal posted what he did, BEFORE this new solution was decided.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Baron Malthius
Well to be fair, the only things I heard was "I am leaving", and only now you have been the only one suggesting anything to the contrary. It is hard not to get that impression.
Bringslite
Since Cal was posting the next day extensively, I am pretty sure that he is still in.

I think that it has quite a lot to do with GW catching up on what was promised before, which looks like it wasn't in any "Kit Handout Protocols" folder. Bob is playing catch up on some of that stuff. As he catches up, I think Bob is handling these issues with class. I am betting that Cal (and the HRC) is satisfied.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Elsworth Sugarfoot
am i the only one who thought of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwZshlE3HUA&index=4&list=PLI1zuZdCSlNaRpfJfFU3D5NhHq6gXLNGP
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I changed my mind about leaving because Bob/GW was gracious enough to change theirs.

By the time the concrete word came from GW that we could pick a new template, the Irregulars were already committed based on previous Probables past the point where would have given up if the answer was different. However, the company that took over Corbenik did so after the information was made concrete. The primary reason for taking Corbenik was to provide a settlement type that is not compatible with our current settlements, but which met the needs of one of the original Landrush groups. Corbenik's leader was not prepared to push back when the unexpected answer came.

If this had been couched as being a logistics problem, that was going to cause trouble for the team, I think I would have suggested that Jonah give up and let it go, even though it would have meant breaking promises to Alderwag and Ozems, as well as restoring problems for another settlement in the HRC. Since it was labelled as an issue of "fairness to the other settlement leaders" I backed him on the disagreement and then made my own decision.

I realize that why and what went on is mostly moot, but, for the most part, I value the respect and goodwill of this community, and have a hard time letting go when I think that is being damaged for the wrong reasons. I will happily own a number of mistakes, and risk those things where I think they deserve risk, but prefer that they be mistakes I made, rather than incorrect assumptions and flawed speculation.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Smitty
Elsworth Sugarfoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwZshlE3HUA&index=4&list=PLI1zuZdCSlNaRpfJfFU3D5NhHq6gXLNGP
Agreed Els!! I don’t get any of this stuff.. but it certainly does tie the room together..
Bringslite
Elsworth Sugarfoot

Love it! smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Tigari
Elsworth Sugarfoot

LOLOLOL! It's been so long since I've seen that movie..such a good one. I may have to rewatch it now..
Decius
I generally dislike using a lot of words to say something, but I have nothing shorter than this ~2000 word essay to explain the difference between some very close concepts.
Kitsune
I don't use drugs, but I'm pretty sure that abusing certain drugs would yield a scene like this:

1. Some guy offers some background/clarification on a statement he said in a previous context that was possibly misunderstood.
  2. A bunch of people try to solve his problem.
  3. Argument erupts.
  4. Some guy pees on someone's rug (which, admittedly, really did tie the room together).
  5. The conversation suddenly shifts to polyamorous relationships.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post