Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Move beyond MVP

Ravenlute
Let's get rid of the term Minimum Viable Product. It made sense going from Alpha to the MVP for Early Enrollment but from this point on we should be referring to Open Enrollment or Launch. We don't want MVP anymore. MVP is like that cheap toy out of a Happy Meal. We need to figure out all the systems and features which need to be in place to open this game up to the public at large and generate a positive review. MVP had its time, it's passed. We've got functionality. Now let's make a game ready for the public.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Kitsune
Come to think of it, wasn't that the original intention for the term? MVP was supposed to be only what got us from Alpha to EE?

I'm also guilty of continuing the conversation on the MVP subject.

Can someone point out the point where the dev team continued to use the term MVP past the Alpha -> EE transition?
Baron Malthius
I thought it was Dancey that had been the one pushing that term. I don't remember any other people from the dev team using it all that much.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
MVP was a theoretical state where some individual or group thought there was enough happening that people would pay to be part of the process. It only matters now as a data point for people who want to argue about the past and analyze what was right or wrong about it and who was correct vs wrong. Those people are going to continue to argue about it regardless of what anyone else does.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Zax
Caldeathe Baequiannia
MVP was a theoretical state where some individual or group thought there was enough happening that people would pay to be part of the process. It only matters now as a data point for people who want to argue about the past and analyze what was right or wrong about it and who was correct vs wrong. Those people are going to continue to argue about it regardless of what anyone else does.

+1
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
There will be a new MVP in the mind of a new investor or a new player. MVP is not in the control of GW, never was and never will be. MVP is nebulous, and with every new game that comes out, the MVP changes.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Kitsune
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
There will be a new MVP in the mind of a new investor or a new player. MVP is not in the control of GW, never was and never will be. MVP is nebulous, and with every new game that comes out, the MVP changes.

(Emphasis mine.)

Hopefully, the new investor will keep said term to themselves. smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post