Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

keepside chat Oct 14th 2015

Midnight
double post
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Azure_Zero
Midnight
…..

….. but the downside is that inevitably all the best stuff will mysteriously spawn near Brighthaven and my settlement will get the t3 equivalent of COPPER. smile

I hope not, if it does, then I'll start questioning decisions about placement of things.
Bringslite
I don't really care whether it is 10 days or 90 or 30. I don't really care if it is any. It is a random thought. I was after what Bob and/or any of you guys might think about it. In the long run, it might be best NOT to move things around randomly. I really do not like the idea however of large power blocks (whatever that means right now) having the only deposits of certain multiple T3 materials very near their power base AND in the same hex. I feel like that was not well thought out. Still, I am willing to hear and discuss WHY it was done that way and if convinced (it is good), drop the subject.

I would like to discuss localizing some T1 and T2 resources in logical areas (without creating absolute monopolies) because I really do believe that will promote everything from trade to transport to raiding. You know…. content. That same thinking leads me to feel that we could handle chopping what is available in one pass through a hex to 50% of what it is now. I haven't any hard number proof, but I will guess that more than 75% of hexes are never gathered in or, at best, are sampled only occasionally.

What would things be like if T3 mats were found through the Gusher system?

Was there a recording of this chat and were can I find it?

Found it. Thank You Azure.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Trying to get it so that the current population would have to check every hex to get "enough" of things would mean having fewer than five units of each grade in each hex. This would lead to me being very unhappy. The current totals are plenty low enough and already cause for frustration.

If we could, indeed, have the supplies more constrained by region, I think it would be a much more useful result.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
ZomoZ
moving things around would even more incentivize people to strip hexes

That one resource not in your region? Go strip it in your neighbors so he cannot farm this month or 3…
Duffy Swiftshadow
Streaming available here.
Quijenoth Starkiller
Why do people continually feel like they need access to everything?

Midnight is right, we need pockets of resources unique to certain areas, it makes your settlement location matter. It should also promote trade negotiations and other forms of (dare i say it) conflict for those resources. It should of happened with T2.
Golgotha had the right idea about controlling ZKM but it was messed up when they shifted the resources to other mountain ranges. As a community that enjoyed patrolling ZKM not a day went past where TS wasn't full of "PERSON on ZKM" shouts. now no-one cares and no-one has bothered for quite a while.

If you give everyone access to everything (even if its for 90 days) you have little reason to interact with others and it results in a dull game.

This game is becoming less and less like an MMO every update!
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Azure_Zero
I can agree with Quijenoth in that there should be pockets of other resources in a region as it'll help in crafting.
And I can also agree that if everything was given on a silver plater things would get dull fast.

This game needs a spice to liven it up.
Duffy Swiftshadow
I don't think it's really the scarcity that's the problem, it's how hard it is to actually catch anyone to stop them or compete with them reasonably. Could just be a population problem, but maybe some form of mechanic to enable better competition would help ease the annoyance of it.

Don't remove the competition, accentuate it.
Bringslite
Are we talking about T2 mats or T3 mats here? There is little player disagreement that it might be better if some of the T2 (and maybe T1) were less "all over" and more "regional". At least it looks that way. Before I could mine T3 stuff, I didn't really have to have a miner. A scavenger can get all of the metals available if he/she knows where. Not in tiny bits, but in enough quantity to be reasonable.

One of my suggestions is: that should be tightened up a bit. It was at least interesting that the best place to get gold was ZKM and it was a risk or a matter of trade. Coal? Well there was lots, but it was mostly in the NW. Easiest thing to do was make a deal with one of the "Coal Road" guys. How about greenweed? A vital but scarce resource. Just get to T2 spell books and looky! There is "blue" everywhere! Easier to find than greenweed.

While we are on the subject, let's talk about silver and especially Meteoric Iron Ore. Man do we need some use for both of those. At least some MORE uses. Meteoric Iron is worth less than regular.

These are just talking points for now. I don't think it is important enough to stall EE11 over. Just food for thought.

Edit: Population might solve some of this. An end to making everything easy might also fix some things right up, as well.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post