Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Efficient Influence Gain For Experienced Characters?

Ravenlute
So, what do you do with your experienced characters to gain Influence for your Company? By experienced I mean characters that already have a bunch of achievements, not using 1,000 xp alts. I am having a hell of a time trying to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Decius
Do something new; use a new weapon, kill a new monster type, gather a new resource node type.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Most of Decius's suggestions, in a large group.

Or recruit a new player to your team, but at the moment, that's not exactly easy.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Duffy Swiftshadow
Mass slaughter of lower difficulty mobs even at higher levels is surprisingly efficient if you have decent AoE. It's only a few hundred kills per influence. Groups are the best way if you can't solo AoE like nuts.

One of the Skeleton or Goblin escalations is a good candidate.
Tigari
In other words..Grind lol smile
MattHarris
Kill things. Lots and lots of things.
Ravenlute
Tigari
In other words..Grind lol smile

Ugh, my MMO nemesis rears its ugly head. I hate grinding so much.
darrowdelf01
Doing escalation quests is usually a good way to get influence alongside crafting. Doing new stuff in non-grindy ways also works (better in a group.)
Schedim
I was thinking of this as I grind some goblins to raise my Focus Experience. Isn't the whole achivement system a bit … not so intelliently designed from a grind poit of view. I mean it was a explicit goal to avoid grind in the game, so why design a system that encourage killing thousands of Gobbos instead of killing two hellhounds … The design of level systems is beautiful in that it can be scaled to give dimishing return for "genocides"…. and still this grinding pops upall the time.

(I don't count loot in this, that has a nice curve of return (as far as I have seen it, looting and kill hasn't been my first priority so far)).
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Ravenlute
I know the idea was to get Influence as you unlock Achievements doing the things you normally do. After you have those Achievements though you need to go and work on something else that you have no intention of ever using? Seems a bit off. Why am I being punished for using the weapons I like to use and crafting the things I like to craft?

If I have the Achievements for Goblin Slayer 10 and Heavy Blade Expert 10 and I decide to go slash up Goblins with my Heavy Blade, will I get any Influence from that at all?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post