Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Efficient Influence Gain For Experienced Characters?

Drogon
You can also visit all the exploration sites around the map… I think you get 1 point for each…haven't done it myself but it is an easy way to solo some achievement points…
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Duffy Swiftshadow
Ravenlute
I know the idea was to get Influence as you unlock Achievements doing the things you normally do. After you have those Achievements though you need to go and work on something else that you have no intention of ever using? Seems a bit off. Why am I being punished for using the weapons I like to use and crafting the things I like to craft?

If I have the Achievements for Goblin Slayer 10 and Heavy Blade Expert 10 and I decide to go slash up Goblins with my Heavy Blade, will I get any Influence from that at all?

Yes, every action like that will earn you partial influence diminishing based on how far into the achievements you are. Once you cap out a weapon and mob achievement line it's something like a few hundred kills per influence. You get credit for both the weapon and the mob type so it's counts double actions. That's why a group and strong AoE moves makes it way easier, every kill counts as two actions for all of you.

Once you get through the first few levels of achievements for non primary weapons it's way more efficient to just use your primary instead cause of time to kill with your higher level weapon.
Midnight
It is not supposed to be "efficient" to gain influence with your experienced character.

The grind some of you are experiencing is the painful result of min-maxing your way past the game's design as you try to thwart the developers' intent.

Just recruit all those new players you see every weekend. smile

LOL, ok, things are kind of messed up for the moment, but if the game dies, grinding influence will have been a total waste of your time.

If the game lives, there will be plenty of new players and new characters to recruit. I was playing The Elder Scrolls Online this weekend and created some new characters, and was pleasantly surprised at how many other players were doing the same newbie quests as me. Like ESO 2 years after release, PFO will likely have hordes of new characters being created daily, if it survives this little rough patch.

In the meantime, I wouldn't sweat the influence unless you just love grinding anyway or you have some master plan for influence that will eventually make all that grinding worthwhile.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Ravenlute
Midnight
The grind some of you are experiencing is the painful result of min-maxing your way past the game's design as you try to thwart the developers' intent.

Even a casual player (points at self) that has played the same character since January will have more than a few maxed out achievements based off of what they like to do.

Duffy Swiftshadow
Yes, every action like that will earn you partial influence diminishing based on how far into the achievements you are. Once you cap out a weapon and mob achievement line it's something like a few hundred kills per influence. You get credit for both the weapon and the mob type so it's counts double actions. That's why a group and strong AoE moves makes it way easier, every kill counts as two actions for all of you.

Thanks for the info Duffy.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Tigari
Midnight
It is not supposed to be "efficient" to gain influence with your experienced character.

this isn't 100% correct…. I haven't thwarted anything..nor have I min maxed.. (I've used so much xp on differnt things to test them out..) And I still need to grind to get more Inf. One of Ryan's original statements to us about influence was it was more of a "reach cap and done farming" kinda statement. That the main goal of influence will be "alloting it" smartly, not Spending it. But with fueds now costing influence (most fueds won't be over smallholdings but just little squables, or for some pvp fun, unless it was the forever war smile, so you wont get 100% of it back), it feels more like you have to Spend influnce now. They keep changing small designs from the original intent, and while they seem small, they're starting to add up and change more then just a little.

Bringslite
Tigari
Midnight

this isn't 100% correct…. I haven't thwarted anything..nor have I min maxed.. (I've used so much xp on differnt things to test them out..) And I still need to grind to get more Inf. One of Ryan's original statements to us about influence was it was more of a "reach cap and done farming" kinda statement. That the main goal of influence will be "alloting it" smartly, not Spending it. But with fueds now costing influence (most fueds won't be over smallholdings but just little squables, or for some pvp fun, unless it was the forever war smile, so you wont get 100% of it back), it feels more like you have to Spend influnce now. They keep changing small designs from the original intent, and while they seem small, they're starting to add up and change more then just a little.

Exactly what I have been saying for some time. Even if the whole machine was "built" only in theory and on a white board, so many things have been changing that it is out of whack. It can't deliver the same things that it was previously envisioned to.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Phyllain
There is a lot of that going around brings.
Midnight
I'd explain your concerns to the devs rather than asking how to grind your way past their (perhaps out of date) intended game design.

But hey, play any grindy way you like. It's just painful for me to watch people frustrate themselves.

By the way, I get the same feeling about feuding being unsustainable, but there are some crowdforgers who WANT it unsustainable as well as those who DO want it to be sustainable. Devs say they are still evaluating and tweaking. But with no combat, there is little to evaluate.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Hobson Fiffledown
Yeah…with the surprise loss of 15% additional Influence for tearing some stuff down, I should have that 43 needed influence for a replacement outpost in about two months… (Using a normal play style, not grinding/farming on alts)

While it may seem like just an annoying issue for one player, the Inf problem turns the overall holding and feuding systems stale pretty quickly. At this point, it's a problem wrapped in two other problems (population and design change). Considering company resources, I think it's an issue we'll just have to put up with. Adjusting Inf generation numbers moves a slider between 'too easy, why use it' and 'too hard, not worth it'.
This space for rent.
Bringslite
Midnight
I'd explain your concerns to the devs rather than asking how to grind your way past their (perhaps out of date) intended game design.

But hey, play any grindy way you like. It's just painful for me to watch people frustrate themselves.

By the way, I get the same feeling about feuding being unsustainable, but there are some crowdforgers who WANT it unsustainable as well as those who DO want it to be sustainable. Devs say they are still evaluating and tweaking. But with no combat, there is little to evaluate.

At last, people are concerned about Influence and wasted new player achievements that would have garnered usable influence? That is…. hilarious. smile

I am genuinely curious. Why do you feel that feuding is unsustainable?

@ Ravenlute

There are likely a few areas that you can get Influence on every character that you run. If not, then there are likely such areas on others in the same company. Is your Boss Knight Slayer above 5? How about your Elite Elemental Slayer? Every "weapon" above expert 5? All the escalation quests way up there?

Are you a Social person? smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post