Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Efficient Influence Gain For Experienced Characters?

Bringslite
@ Bob

Straight up question, Mr. Settles.

Does GW consider it exploitive to use our 1000exp alts to generate influence? You know, max out the easy stuff and "reroll"?

If yes, can you offer another route until new player traffic picks up?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Ravenlute
Bringslite
There are likely a few areas that you can get Influence on every character that you run. If not, then there are likely such areas on others in the same company. Is your Boss Knight Slayer above 5? How about your Elite Elemental Slayer? Every "weapon" above expert 5? All the escalation quests way up there?

Oh for sure. Seeing as they are more difficult to solo is part of the reason for this thread. I was curious how others were continuing to gain Influence for their Companies beyond the 1,000 xp alts.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Midnight
Bringslite
I am genuinely curious. Why do you feel that feuding is unsustainable?

First, not everyone who feuds wants to capture a holding. The best (and most important) fights in this game have been over escalations, not holdings. Ignoring holdings will cost 25 influence a feud, though.

Second, due to company hopping, you really have to declare multiple feuds to interdict a particular group of players, but the more companies you feud, the more holdings you need to capture (in the same 2 days) to avoid losing that 25 influence multiplied by the number of feuds you've declared.

Third, you've had entire settlements like Phaeros who chose not to have any holdings, thus guaranteeing that 25 influence had ZERO chance of being recovered. If you wanted to feud the 6 largest companies from Phaeros that's 150 influence lost. Totally unsustainable. I defy anyone to consistently earn that much influence every 2 days, even with the pre-layoffs player population/participation.

Fourth, if you aren't the blob (and especially if you are fighting the blob) the odds are often against you achieving the success conditions of taking holdings even when your opponent chooses to have holdings.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Smitty
Midnight left out .. when you do manage to take the holdings ( if they are not +0 and are destroyed from the transition), then you tear them down.. you lose influence from tearing them down.
Midnight
Smitty
Midnight left out .. when you do manage to take the holdings ( if they are not +0 and are destroyed from the transition), then you tear them down.. you lose influence from tearing them down.

Good point. And not tearing them down would mean each feud costs you 100 influence, as well as increasing how long your PvP window is open.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Caldeathe Baequiannia
It almost feels like Influence is becoming one of those solutions looking for a problem to solve.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Midnight
Right now, it makes more sense to burn reputation, even for perfectly legitimate military operations.

The only thing feuding is good for is capturing (currently worthless) holdings because it opens the PvP window.

But, because influence MAY have value someday, I am loathe to spend it on capturing hworthless oldings before they have value, unless there's also a high chance of PvP fun (which worthless holdings haven't been delivering lately now that everyone realizes how worthless holdings are).

Did I mention holdings are worthless? smile
-Edmund Burke
Caldeathe Baequiannia
The Inns are handy for recovering power if you put them beside monster hexes.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Midnight
I stand corrected. smile
-Edmund Burke
Yrme
Holdings are also very useful to serve as banks if there's an area you repeatedly harvest. They're like a smallholding, but can be attacked. On the other hand, they don't cost $200.
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post