Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Efficient Influence Gain For Experienced Characters?

Smitty
The feuding situation - the current situation is horrible - the general idea I think the devs listened to was some folks wanted a greater cost if the defenders were victorious. What we actually have is the cost is so great to the attackers no one is going to bother with the system.
The cost for defenders winning a feud at 25% seems okay on the surface - except you have to feud 5 companies to encompass the defenders companies.
It takes 2 days to actually take a holding, meaning the first day defenders don’t actually have to worry about defending because the only thing that matters is the holding.
If you want to fight you may win, but you are going to die and chew up gear, and it is probably more cost effective to rebuild your holdings and outpost than it is to defend them.
If the attackers “win” the feud by taking the holding, their influence is banked to control those structures for 2 days before they can tear them down, and when they do tear them down they are losing 25% of the banked influence.
The one piece that needs to be fixed, or examined: Is do the defenders lose 25% of the banked influence when their holding /outpost is over run??
You add that to the equation and the fights begin to mean something to the defenders but as of now the defenders do not actually lose anything except bulk good generation, and the attackers lose a little if lose , and lose more when they win.
Smitty
Since this thread is influence generation..
Doesn’t help right now, but if the game picks back up with investors - monthly events were a thing, each month a new escalation comes out- new escalations and mob types = new achievements. New achievements mean efficient influence gain.

If need be ask for a bandit / goblin faction to be added or some other achievement you can work on for a while. Hopefully adding achievements and groups isn’t a big ask at this point. and new achievements are probably the most efficient ways to gain influence be it with 1k alt or a main.
Midnight
Ravenlute
Midnight, you've been rallying hard on how Influence affects feuding but I've yet to see anything about how you build up Influence. After all that you've wasted and are now hoarding, surely you have some way to gain it back?

It's not a waste if it gets us fun. The only waste I had was 25 points a few weekends ago when I couldn't even locate an enemy.

I have been allowing normal gameplay (including recruiting folks) to build up influence at the rate devs intend. However, because I'm an altoholic with an embarrassing number of accounts gaining xp I might generate more influence than a guy who plays just on one account, because each account gets to work through achievement ladders. But I'm not recycling 1000K alts. Every character I've earned achievements with has hundreds of thousands of XP, I just have a lot of accounts. It's still not enough influence to make feuding sustainable, and I'm mostly a weekend warrior, but that's how I've been earning influence, when I'm playing PFO.

But this morning was the first time I logged in, in 2 weeks. I'm finding it hard to play a game that feels empty and without content and I've been spending time on Ark, Minecraft, SWTOR, WoW and Elder Scrolls Online. Haven't heavily committed to any of them, though, and I tend to gravitate to whichever game my mates have managed to get a good fight in. We generally don't START the fights in games where PvP can be involuntary (rather than a battlegrounds/arena style of willing competitors), so I have to wait and see which game my mates have developed a causus belli in and rush to whichever game that is.

Why do you think I have a PFO holding, even though I call them worthless? Bait for a Causus Belli. I do it in every game I can (we just got a bite in Ark). Bait lets you develop PvP without having to pick on unwilling folks.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
You are a Troll
I am beginning to feel the same way - there just isn't any reason to log into this game any more, not even to poach T3 resources. I might be done, at least until something, anything, happens/changes.
Midnight
I'm liking my multiple game involvement. It costs a bit more, but it exposes me to more possibilities for the player conflicts I call entertainment, while allowing me options other than PvP-ing the unwilling. I'd like more sandbox in the mix, but there aren't a lot of sandbox choices and I just don't think I could play Eve again as a casual.

Ark is a sandbox, but allows only 70 players at a time on a server. Minecraft realms are sandboxes but I think the number of guests is limited, too.smile
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post