Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Question for those folks using T3

Smitty
Saw a few post about T3 gear being made and even worn at this point.
Is the power jump the same from T1 to T2 meaning prior to T2 a group of T1 yellow bandits would be a hard fight, after putting on T2 gear it almost became trivial.
So is going from T2 to T3 the same? If you happen upon a group of duregar or mordant spire guys , and are in T3 armor / weapon etc is the fight now trivial for you?
I am asking just for pure planning purposes - the updates are pretty much at a standstill and development is going to be slow without investors. Initially threading was going to be a thing and now we have no idea how far along that systems is in development. If the power jump from T2 to T3 is is like the power jump from T1 to T2 then I should probably push to get there ASAP.. as that means I can farm any escalation that pops up.. without worrying about anything but durability loss( not actually having to drop gear on death..)

IF the power jump is such that T2 to T3 isn’t that big of a deal then perhaps ill take a slower route to getting into T3..
Jokken
From first-hand experience, I'd say that the jump from T2 to T3 is less than the jump from T1 to T2, yet still significant. That said, in order to race to T3 quickly one gives up a great deal of well roundness. A character who has spent 750k xp to get T3 training will be roughly equivalent to another adventurer who spent the same 750k on T2 skills that work together intelligently. One can also spend 750k unwisely and still be rather ineffective. Buyer beware…
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Duffy Swiftshadow
The T3+0 jump has a one minor keyword difference compared to the T2+0 two minor keyword jump, but when full T3+3 can be crafted/acquired it will be far more noticeable for those with it as you will have a four minor keyword advantage over T2+3 gear. Don't forget Epow and Epro are based on keywords too so a lot of effects from others (or maybe yourself) will diminish a bit until folks catch up both feat and gear wise.

Aside from Keywords all your defenses are now plus +150 instead of plus +100 for having T3 armor, thus you should take less damage from T2 mobs. Your weapon rolls now takes the highest from the 3d200 roll which should make you hit for full damage more often on T2 mobs and you should hit harder against anything that is considered T3.
Tigari
That one keyword is a Major keyword though.. so its worth 4 minors…
Duffy Swiftshadow
Well the jump is from +3 to +0 gear a Tier higher so you get:

T2+3
+0 (1 Minor)
+1 (1 Minor)
+2 (1 Minor)
T2 Major (4 Minor)
+3 (1 Minor)
= 8 Minor Keywords

T3+0
+0 (1 Minor)
T2 Major (4 Minor)
T3 Major (4 Minor)
= 9 Minor Keywords

Once we start seeing T3+3 gear you'll get that full 4 minor keyword advantage. Six months from now someone hitting T3 can jump straight to T3+3 gear if they can find it for sale somewhere.
Smitty
Thanks for the responses .. I understand the keyword aspect , but am hoping to get a feel for how it feels to run into a group of 3 purpleT2 mobs using T3 gear . the Epro thing would certainly hurt the attacks and spells I use.. but the armor maybe wroth it if I can take the hits better..
Did it feel like the change you experienced when going from T1 to T2 ? Jokken said it was a bump but not huge, meaning would a group of 3 mordants wipe the floor with you or would it be a good fight as a solo character but winnable ?
Duffy Swiftshadow
I haven't upgraded into T3 yet, I will probably get Armor first, but I expect around a 20-30% survivability increase off the bat. Weapon attacks and damage I expect a smaller increase, probably barely noticeable against something like Mordant Spire.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
It should be the reverse. Unless you skipped over T2+3, I wouldn't expect the defensive boost to be as visible as always getting the highest of three dice on attacks. Everything else aside, that should increase the number of criticals by at least 50%, since the average hit rolls go from 100/200 to 150/200
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Duffy Swiftshadow
Depends on the actual defense values and how the scaling of attack bonuses compares, I don't actually know what those look like for mobs. I might do the math later using the PC info and see what it looks like.
Takasi
Duffy Swiftshadow
Well the jump is from +3 to +0 gear a Tier higher so you get:

T2+3
+0 (1 Minor)
+1 (1 Minor)
+2 (1 Minor)
T2 Major (4 Minor)
+3 (1 Minor)
= 8 Minor Keywords

T3+0
+0 (1 Minor)
T2 Major (4 Minor)
T3 Major (4 Minor)
= 9 Minor Keywords

Once we start seeing T3+3 gear you'll get that full 4 minor keyword advantage. Six months from now someone hitting T3 can jump straight to T3+3 gear if they can find it for sale somewhere.

T3+0 armor activates 10 keywords as the +0 has two minors. Some have three majors as well but it will be very difficult to have stat 30 and armor rank 14 in six months.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post