Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

So disappointing.

ohhhsloth
Was excited to play this game while reading up on it.
Load in to find that everything is extremely laggy, I then look at the support boards and everybody is getting 25FPS max.
I can run any other mmorpg on max settings, there's clearly an issue server side.
The support seems to be non-existent.. just a few other players saying "BUY A BETTER COMPUTER".
This is a joke.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
ohhhsloth
Was excited to play this game while reading up on it.
Load in to find that everything is extremely laggy, I then look at the support boards and everybody is getting 25FPS max.
I can run any other mmorpg on max settings, there's clearly an issue server side.
The support seems to be non-existent.. just a few other players saying "BUY A BETTER COMPUTER".
This is a joke.
Welcome to an unfinished game.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bringslite
Anthony,

Other players are not getting 25fps. I was just in and getting between 90 and sometimes 100. Something is wrong somewhere, but at least you are now in the right place to get some real help.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite, are you getting those FPS on "Max" graphics? Because lots of us are getting much higher numbers on "Fast" but I don't think that's what the OP is referring to.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bringslite
I am turned down because my crashing issues are unresolved. Forgot about that. Good catch.

An interesting point: At fast, the only visual difference that I notice is lack of shadows.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Duffy Swiftshadow
The server has no bearing on the FPS you experience. While the server can be responsible for seemingly random character jumps or erratic movement, it would still be smooth at a higher FPS. The game's engine and assets have not had a optimization pass as the game is far from nearing completion, such a pass usually happens near the end of the development. Most Early Access games have much higher requirements than their completed version for this reason.

That said I personally can run the game up over 60 FPS in windowed mode with the 'Simple' graphics option turned on (not sure exact size, it's a bit smaller that 1080) without much issue. Running two clients definitely causes a strain on my graphics cards and will noticeably lower the FPS to somewhere just below 30 FPS. I'm running an older Radeon 6990 for comparison.
Jokken
As mentioned above, the graphics pipe has yet to be optimized. Until that is done this game will work your hardware harder than comparable finished games. Also this game is tuned differently than most games. All of the graphics are handled in a way to maximize the number of possible characters on the screen at one time without lockups. This game is supposed to be about mass combat and thus is designed to render 300 combatants on the field of view without crashing. The main fallout of this is lower fps. Most folks will get better than 30fps with a decent graphics card on max. I run an NVidia 750 and get 35-50 fps on max settings. No one is getting 80-100 fps on max like they do in games like Witcher and Final Fantasy. Those games are designed with different performance goals in mind. I would assume the goal after optimization in 60+ FPS on max.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post