Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Where has Thod been?

Thod-Theodum
In case you wondered … Today was the first time in a while I logged in again - unfortunately 3 minutes before server downtime smile And I wondered why the game suddenly 'crashed' …

So where have I been ?? Well - mainly busy. I did start a new job in September - training to become a Maths teacher. This meant going from 2 days a week work and not bothering about the work once I'm home to full time work, being back to University (I thought I left that behind 20 years ago …smile and paperwork, reading, learning done in the evenings / weekends. Oh - and then there is my own company which I still run in my remaining spare time.

I'm not complaining - I really love the new job and embraced it fully. But PFO just got cut out. And somehow I didn't managed to make the switch from full-time gaming to become a casual gamer. Actually if any one can give me tips how to play casual - let me know. Part of me felt when I wasn't on-line for a week I felt guilty not to have shown up - and that let into not logging on for half an hour when I had time …

On the bright side - it seems I gathered a good amount of XP while not being busy. On the negative side - seems I will soon need a lot of money to train.

So if anyone needs some T3 armour that can be made with a level 14 armoursmith - happy to have my queue filled up for a payment instead of leaving it empty. Well - should have made that advertisement 8 weeks ago. Off course I also can make any T2 armour - in case the former T2 armoursmiths are all busy now.

Don't expect me to be back full time again - but I will try to read these pages at least occasionally. And maybe this is just the right thing to do while I'm busy and the game develops slowly.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Midnight
Casualness isn't learned easily when you are serious about your gaming.

You just have be careful with your time and not get sucked into long sessions. You'll make mistakes, have regrets, and eventually find the balance.

You can be every bit as serious about games while having limited time. You just have to be able to accept that other people can go wild.

It's sort of like being poor around rich people. Hardcores are rich in time, and you and I simply aren't. You'll face denial occasionally before you reach acceptance.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Thod-Theodum
@Midnight
Thanks - I agree 100%. I hope I will slowly adapt. I had the luxury that I was very rich in time for quite a while - and this changed to be out of time now. Having said this - there always is some time - but as you said - you have to plan it and ensure you aren't sucked in.
In a way it helped me that September coincided with GW problems. In a way it was an issue because I didn't even log in when I had limited time.

Work in progress smile
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
harneloot
Hey Thod, I've always wanted to ask you: are you the Dwarven Forge Thod?

Good luck with the new career!
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Thod-Theodum
harneloot
Hey Thod, I've always wanted to ask you: are you the Dwarven Forge Thod?

Good luck with the new career!

Yes - that's me.
Azure_Zero
Welcome back Thod, and I can understand the disappearance quite a lot.
ZomoZ
Hey thod, could i get 16 training to wizzard this week?
Zomoz gets enough xp to actually use his t3 staff for the first time on like teusday

I would be happy to toss you a gold for your training woes

Could also give u bulk wood food or trade goods, i have a few thousand laying around, but would need your transport services (or want)
Thod-Theodum
Have upgraded training to level 16 in Emerald Lodge.

Edit: I assume it will become active on Monday
ZomoZ
um some people are telling me they needed 18 for fighter skills, but thank you very much! Any way we could manage 18 for a week or otherwise u can bump it down, sorry.
can anyone confirm that 18 is needed not 16 for wizard rank 6 feats and arcane weap profficiency 3?

Also, I have a few thousand bulk goods and dat gold, the bulk goods are like 6-8 hexes out of el if u wanna do a convoy this weekend?
Drogon
Good idea Stache, I think it would be 18 , I don't think 18 would cost that much more for 1 week. Can anyone look it up and find out th difference between 16 and 18 per week in bulk goods? BRighthaven went 18 last week and would probably do so again at least once more prior to the "great training shutdown".
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post