Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

How long do the gates take to clear to T3?

Ravenlute
Assume for a moment that I have an EE account with 10 months of unused xp and a friend with a back stock of recipes waiting for me to learn.

How long would it take before I could start crafting T3 gear? No specific craft, whatever you choose.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Thod-Theodum
It could be as quickly as in a few days - depends on the craft of course.

All you need:
Enough XP (implied above)
All +3 ingredients for a common T1 recipe
1 Tier 1 uncommon recipe plus all +3 ingredients
All +3 ingredients for a common T2 recipe
1 Tier 2 uncommon recipe plus all +3 ingredients

The same again for a second craft (refining ?) that boosts the same stats for gating

In addition enough +3 T1 ingredients to craft several +3 items like the basic arrows (for 10 crafting points each - there are several that can be done without spending a single XP - or just train to level 1 or 2 in all crafts / refining that give the same stat as it is the lowest XP anyhow to do so)

I did manage to get someone to low T2 in < 24 hours. As I said - it depends on the craft. Armoursmith takes longer - Alchemist might be the fastest and might be possible to T3 in < 24 hours. It really depends on having all ingredients at +3 ready to go. Also some steps can't be queued - so you need to wait for x being finished before training and to do y next. The better you can time that the faster.

Crafter (or refiner) is the 'easiest' to gate - provided !! you have the recipes and the refined goods (or raw materials). The main work is getting all these organized - so a large settlement can build up new crafters fast - provided they have characters with lots of XP.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Ravenlute
That's kind of what I was thinking. An established settlement with the recipes and mats all ready to go could bring a crafter up to speed in as little time as it takes them to finish crafting the required items for their achievement gates. I know some items, like the T2+3 could potentially take a while but there are usually a variety of items to choose from with different queue times.

So less than a week is a fair assumption, with times varying depending on the chosen craft(s)?
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Duffy Swiftshadow
Sounds about right, Armorsmith is the 'longest' IIRC. You can also squeek out a few extra craft points from doing the freebie +0 craft/refines at every building.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
Sounds about right, Armorsmith is the 'longest' IIRC. You can also squeek out a few extra craft points from doing the freebie +0 craft/refines at every building.
+0 refines, yes, but try to get them the materials to make the +3 or even +4 of any crafted item and they gets multiple achievements very quickly.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Thod-Theodum
Here is a list of crafted items that can be made without investment of XP:
You get 10 craft points doing one of each craft at +1, 30 for +1, 60 for +2 and 100 for +3. Craft points are not an issue if you have a good supply of +3 refined materials. Off course a +3 items with a skill of 10 can take a while - so stay away from the Hide and Steel Banded smile

The crafter/refiner is the only role where the gates can be done by other players. There is still a lot of work for all the gates - gather the raw resources, move everything into the right place, have the recipes, etc.

Cal's suggestion of +4 items is correct - but I regard it as a waste of useful +4 refined ingredients - but that is my personal view. After all - +3 wool mittens tend to get thrown away - so who wants to make a +4 equivalent.

Apprentice's Bodybalm Alchemist
Apprentice's Sunrod Alchemist
Hide and Steel Banded Armorsmith
Hide and Steel Helm Armorsmith
Apprentice's Charge Gem Artificer
Disciple's Simple Charge Artificer
Steel Bodkin Arrow Bowyer
Woven Quiver Bowyer
Basic Camp Engineer
Pine Buckler Engineer
Apprentice's Charge Gem - Iconographer Iconographer
Disciple's Simple Charge - Iconographer Iconographer
Introductory Trophy Charm Jeweler
Hide Sandals Leatherworker
Wool Mittens Tailor
Softwood Club Weaponsmith
Softwood Greatclub Weaponsmith
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
The Eternal Balance
I thought there was a +4 T2 Uncommon crafted item gate to reach the first T3 crafter levels?
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Rank 15 needs the +4 T2 Uncommon, 14 just needs +3 T2 Uncommon.

Rank 16 needs +5 T2 Uncommon.

Rank 17 on needs T3 +s mostly uncommon, one common.
BlackMoria
The Rank 16 +5 T2 Uncommon is a real bitch for my Artificer. It has been several months and literally hundreds of runs by fellow crafters to try and get a +5 component that I need and I am still waiting. That +5 uncommon is a real hurdle depending on what crafter you are.
You are a Troll
Now that so many refiners are at or close to rank 19 it should be easier to get the +5 mats you need.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post